Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/19/14 12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Poll
Question: How organized do you like your local chapter?
Just occasional GTGs in parking lot. - 13 (11.1%)
A GTG with a carshow or restraunt involved. - 27 (23.1%)
Monthly GTG set in advance with various events. - 44 (37.6%)
Organized monthly meetings with chapter officers and planned events. - 12 (10.3%)
Organized chapter sponsored by local dealership with officers and charity or other events. - 15 (12.8%)
None of the above,just show up at somebody else's event. - 3 (2.6%)
Don't care about local chapter just want to drive my AV. - 3 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 117

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do you Want your Local Chapter?  (Read 21807 times)
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« on: 04/24/05 08:14 AM »

Hi folks I was just curious as to how involved and organized most people are in dealing with a local AV club chapter.
Your vote and comments are greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time on this matter! Grin

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/24/05 10:45 AM »

great poll.... i'll definately be checking back for the results as i'm curious to see what most folks will say...  thumbs_up
Alaska_AV.
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04/24/05 06:33 PM »

I'd like to have Organized monthly meetings with chapter officers and planned events.

But we have None of the above,just show up at somebody else's event

I guess I need to do a better job......

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
BlondeSherr

Cosmo AVA

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/24/05 07:00 PM »

I wish every weekend was the Bowling Green GTG  love love

I never do anything like that here with people in the area.
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/25/05 12:17 AM »

I wish every weekend was the Bowling Green GTG  love love

I never do anything like that here with people in the area.

was it that nice?

AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/25/05 12:22 AM »

i say keep it informal.  we don't have enough AV's/ interested parties to be formal.  after you get the upper echelon of the chapter established you won't have much left for regular members.  in other words, a bunch of chiefs with no indians.

keep it informal.  if there is something going on, like a carshow perhaps, let us know.  anyone interesed will show up for fun and food at a local restaurant. 

AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC
Chief
Charter Member

Go team Venture!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04/25/05 04:00 PM »

I like them shaken, not stirred...

2002 Z-71, Indigo blue, Graphite leather - purchased 12/21/01 traded in 04/13/05

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, Galaxy silver, gray leather - purchased 4/13/05 traded in 05/23/09 - second fastest stock L67 powered Grand Prix in North America

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx Leather, Sunroof, 35% tint, bass bias mod, 1/2 washer exhaust mod, 91 Octane Superchips Cortex tune

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport SWB, graphite, gray cloth, bone stock winter beater
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04/27/05 06:16 AM »

I really apprecite all the input here! Grin
We only need about 11,000 more replies from the members here. Grin
Thanks and have a great day!

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 05/05/05 06:03 AM »

Hummm 27 replies so far and as of today 12,712 members. Huh
Hey only 12,685 left to reply! Grin
Guess it won't take too long. idea Grin

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
GMAN62465
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Connecticut Chapter

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05/05/05 08:51 AM »

Check out the Connecticut Chapter area...

We are very active and usually get together at the Connecticut Monster Garage a couple of times per week. We get some new members that we have tagged and invite them to these informal gtg's so as not to scare them off with a BIG crowd.

Some members in our area are more active but we get some from NJ, NY, MA and RI at these weekly GTGs...

GMAN

03 Black Z-71 (COLORADO AVALANCHELimited Edition) 20" Boss 301's wrapped with 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes, McCullough HID's, Platinum Edition Escalade Cluster, Wrangler Dual battery, Keystone Ram Air Hood, SSINSERTS AV Letters, Vizualogic  9” Headrest Monitors, Maglite x2, FT DRL's, Fire & Ice LOF, Triple Bumperflag, Whelen Dual Talon & 12 Whelen Strobes, RI Z-71 Bedslide, Visor decals, Corsa SS exhaust, Volant2
LoneWolfbd

It's not over until the Wolf howls.

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06/28/05 12:27 PM »

Some organization is nice, monthly organized neetings would be too much, quarterly though.....

'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07/24/05 01:04 PM »

So far we are trying to set up monthly meetings at a dealership but then leaving and having different GTG activities each month. Informal but a little organization so we know what dates GTGs are comming up.
I hope it works for us Virginia folk. thumbs_up

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
TnTrubble
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

We call her Sassette

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 07/24/05 01:57 PM »

We aren't as particular as your choices. Although I did make a choice, my family enjoys doing anything with the local clubs (I have the honor of being on the borderline between 2 clubs that often join together for GTGs). We are just as likely to go to a formally organized event as we are to go to a spur of the moment "I'm coming through" or a "Hey, we're going here and would anyone like to join?" (I am limited to 3 weekends a month, though, lol) We have met some wonderful people through our club. Even the kids have a wonderful time and are heartbroken when we think we'll have to miss something. I guess you could say we like a little organization, but we are game for almost anything.

I wish you luck in getting your local area going. If we were closer, we'd be there in a heartbeat.

2004 Arrival Blue, cladded, Z71, tan sport cloth seats, chrome rails

Mods-Amber FTDRLs, A4OH, Mag light mod, fire extinguisher mod, AVS Bug Deflector, Vent Visors all around, Ghost  Flames, Ghost Z-71 decal, Ghost Tailgate Letters, Putco Blue Inferno Grill, Whelen Strobes, Wig Wags, Cargo Bed Light Switch, Sail Panel Lights...more coming soon
Loggie

What made it all happen--The Original Concept

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: 01/03/06 11:22 PM »

As a Logistics Planner I like for things to be organized but when it comes t the AV a little of all.

If events cannot be put together fast enough I like to meet for a small drive or even a coffee.  When there is time I like to have restraints involved, meet in parking lots to check out everyone’s ride and maybe do some mods.  Car show GTGs are awesome.

The best GTGs are planned well in advance and have a set schedule with lost of activities.

RoarinRow
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Northern California Chapter

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: 01/03/06 11:51 PM »

I could tell you how I want my local chapter, but I would have to kill you.   Big laughter with tears

Seriously, I'd say organized, professional, respectful 24/7.

2002 Summit White 1500 4X4 4.10, Poweraid TBS, Volant CAI, HPP3, Taylor Wires, TOC, Flowmaster 40 Series, Eibach Lowering Springs, Stillen Front Brakes, Belltech Shocks, PIAA 2100XT driving lights, Epic Gladiators with Proxes STII 285/50/20, Phantom Cluster, Pioneer Flip DVD, HID 6000k.  Click on pic.
bigbadblue
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

Now that I have it... is there anything more?

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 01/04/06 12:11 AM »

Because I'm so UN-organized... an organized club would make me a better member.
« Last Edit: 01/04/06 12:13 AM by bigbadblue » Logged

Bob and Lu's BIGBADBLUE  Z85  05DBM-AV2500LT...  Born 06/08/05-adopted 07/30/05
OldVMer

I love my LTZ and z/VM

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 02/01/06 07:13 PM »

Nice to have some excuse to get together each month.  Sometimes it is okay to just do lunch and parking lot conversation.  Once a quarter or so it is nice to do something a little more involved.  It doesn't need to have officers, prizes, etc.  It just needs to be an excuse to get together with the AVs, visit with some friends and sometimes see an interesting sight. 

--OldVMer

2013 Silver Ice LTZ Black Diamond Edition
2009 Black LTZ MODS: ambers (Retired with 124,594 miles)
2003 Light Pewter 1500 Z71 (Retired with 220,885 miles)
Sirshopolot

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 04/16/06 11:02 AM »

Nice to have some excuse to get together each month.  Sometimes it is okay to just do lunch and parking lot conversation.  Once a quarter or so it is nice to do something a little more involved.  It doesn't need to have officers, prizes, etc.  It just needs to be an excuse to get together with the AVs, visit with some friends and sometimes see an interesting sight. 

--OldVMer

Yeah what OldVMer said!  Exactly!!

We need to do something here in Michigan.  For crying-out-loud Michigan/Detroit is the Automobile capital of the world and what do we Av owners have to show for it   Undecided Huh
                                                                                          Big laughter with tears
Ooops......my bad...........I think Avalanches are assembled in Mexico.

Sirshopolot
I CHNGE
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Always Modding the Mod !!!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 04/16/06 11:55 AM »

...Seriously, I'd say organized, professional, respectful...

...It doesn't need to have officers, prizes, etc. It just needs to be an excuse to get together with the AVs, visit with some friends and sometimes see an interesting sight.

--OldVMer

Totally agree with the above...

IMHO...

It should always be about the Av...

My charitable involvement/s are personal and not part of my Avalanche Owner Experience...Who, How and Where I give are no ones business...

It should always be non-profit orientated...

I don't need/want a Board of Directors dictating how and where monies come from or about the cost of operating a web site.  If you operate a local chapter it should be out of love for the Avalanche Experience.  If the expense of running a website is a drain or hardship, don't do it...many local chapters operate very well with no local website.  That IMHO is what this site is for anyhow...

It should ALWAYS BE FUN...

Having meetings about this and that (non Avalanche related) topics are a drain on my "fun meter"...

Many local clubs/chapters are very successful because their activities are Avalanche related; more mod parties than you can shake a stick at...
and/or...
GTGs based on interesting places to go to and an Avalanche carAVan to add the excitement of showing off the Avalanche...

Too many Activities can be as harmfull as too few...
I have a life other than the Avalanche...and I want and need the time to have that life also.  If you try to schedule my every free moment...I will quickly loose interest...I want to share with you...but not once a week.  Make me want to come...not feel bad for missing...

Have an agenda that I can plan for...

I love to attend Get Togethers...share and help others do mods to their Avs...show them off...admire your Avalanche...share in the Avalanche Owner Experience...

Plan something nice...in advance...make it include something about the Avalanche specifically and I'll be there...

In closing...there are a lot of folks who miss the mark...

There are a lot that are successful...SoCal & Arizona are examples of groups that pretty much have it right...while I don't agree with ALL of their foundational structure...they come closest to the standard by which others should measure up too...or strive for. 

And to clarify I only mention those 2 clubs because I have personal experience with both.  There are a couple on the East Coast that seem to have their act together as well.

'04OnyxBlackZ71-4.10G80
Ordered11/05/03Born11/24/03Adopted12/15/03
XP-797BlackSpy18X9+325/60/18 Nitto T/Gs
Rancho Lift- w/9000XL shocks
Dual YellowTop Batteries
Strobes-FTAmbers-All4+FogOnHigh-885Fog-
PIAA 9006+PRO 80XT+60XT
SamcoHoses-Bumper+TailLightGuards
NFabNerfs-VRBars-Chrome AMP FuelDoor-DiamondPlateSteps
PlatinumCluster-AVICN1-BackUpCam-& more...
Just Do It!
Avalanche Wolf

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 04/16/06 12:22 PM »

I agree with Cliff  pretty  much 100% on this one  even though he didnt mention the Norcal chapter he  belonged to in the past  ,  but I   do agree with him ,  they are both great and I alway enjoy a visit with their chapter.

Some organization is nice, monthly organized needings would be too much, quarterly though.....

We found for our local chapter this to be the case as well . Yes there should be a small group to help run the club but people need to remember this is a club NOT a business and once it crosses that line it is pretty hard getting back to being a group of people that love the trucks and enjoy everyones company

i say keep it informal. we don't have enough Av's/ interested parties to be formal. after you get the upper echelon of the chapter established you won't have much left for regular members. in other words, a bunch of chiefs with no Indians.

keep it informal. if there is something going on, like acarshow perhaps, let us know. anyone interested will show up for fun and food at a local restaurant.

I have heard this from a lot of members that Just want to enjoy the club and not worry about club officers , board of director , club by laws.   It is all just too much for most including I, it should be fun not like punching in the time clock for a days work in the mine . For the main of the club I think the way the club is setup right now is perfect !

We  have the Steering committee here , The cruise Coordinators on this site that run the local chapters. Not much more needed unless those chapters have websites and even then those run themselves so you only need 1  or 2 members for that.

Besides when it is  kept  informal more people are able to put input and things together.

I guess it really depends on if you want a  dictatorship  run chapter with people you will never  really  know  or a chapter of friends  and family doing things together and enjoying life and where the Avalanche can  take us !!!

My .02 I second the second !

In closing make it a club for  the family !!  There are clubs/other avalache sites that are out there that are WAY too  adult orientated , something that I have ALWAYS felt  that it should be kid friendly and  and be  about the trucks  not what  Paris Hilton  wore  last night.   There  are plenty of websites out there for that and the Avalanche  Community should not be dragged into it, a  good club should not need this  type of  content   /  things to  survive.

~Steve
« Last Edit: 04/16/06 12:24 PM by Avalanche Wolf » Logged
RoarinRow

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: 04/16/06 12:34 PM »

In closing make it a club for  the family !!  There are clubs/other avalache sites that are out there that are WAY too  adult orientated , something that I have ALWAYS felt  that it should be kid friendly and  and be  about the trucks  not what  Paris Hilton  wore  last night.   There  are plenty of websites out there for that and the Avalanche  Community should not be dragged into it, a  good club should not need this  type of  content   /  things to  survive.

~Steve

I believe what you are talking about here is website content and not how you want your local chapter to be managed. 

2002 Summit White 1500 4X4 4.10, Poweraid TBS, Volant CAI, HPP3, Taylor Wires, TOC, Flowmaster 40 Series, Eibach Lowering Springs, Stillen Front Brakes, Belltech Shocks, PIAA 2100XT driving lights, Epic Gladiators with Proxes STII 285/50/20, Phantom Cluster, Pioneer Flip DVD, HID 6000k.  Click on pic.
Avalanche Wolf

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 04/16/06 03:49 PM »

I believe what you are talking about here is website content and not how you want your local chapter to be managed.

Thought it was pretty clear but will try to make it more

~Steve

Since many of the local chapters have their own websites for various reasons , the way their site displays to its members is the way a chapter is run.

This includes events , things what are dicussed wiehter it be in a parking lot at starbucks or on a fourm , pictures posted .  I personally would not want my local chapter to have adult rated events , display adult orientated pictures since most of the time when I attend an event I have my childern with me and if it was I would not be apart of a chapter or club like this since I dont do this just for myself , I do it with my wife and kids so that we can do something together with like minded people.

My kids love seeing Avalanches and the places people take them but if i have to worry about exposing them to something they really shouldnt be seeing at their age weither it be on a website or on a cruise , then I will keep away from that site/chapter/club - which keeps me away from that site/chapter/club as well. 

I guess that is as clear as I can try to make it.

How do I want my local chapter ?  Make it so I that not only I am a member of that chapter but my family is as well.
Sirshopolot

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 04/16/06 03:50 PM »

NO need to quote him, just read it!

AMEN     I CHNGE!

Sirshopolot
RoarinRow

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: 04/16/06 08:08 PM »

Here comes the 'drama' from the 'leadership' of Norcal again.  Please start your own thread on how you need a hug because the same guy that you offended and quit your 'club' is the same guy who tagged you, supported the club financially, and initiated GTGs for the club, among many things.

Why even compare my AV site, which is not a local chapter to begin with?  You have to bring someone down with you when someone mentions or describes a structure that is similar to your club structure.   As far as I can see, the 'leadership' of Norcal has not changed.   

Your true colors are coming out in response to ICHNGE's honest opinion, who also was a member of Norcal that was also banned from the Norcal site after he quit.  Hmmm, what did it say below our avatars, 'This member is banned'.   What does that say about the site?  Why would you ban your top posters who supported you the most.  Just because we had opinions that were different from yours?  Please. . .

As far as our website content is concerned, it's really none of your business is it.  Do you own the internet?  Last time I check you didn't.  Members are given a choice to see what they want, it's called freedom of choice.

Plus, were aren't accountable to anyone.  We don't have site sponsors or GM sponsorship and my wife doesn't work for a Chevy Dealer.  Your site has to be the way it is so don't compare.

Lastly, I'm not sure why the 'leadership' of Norcal sent me an email asking to be a member of my site and another signed up as someone they were not.  The content must be good enough for them to be curious about it.

I would stick to the thread topic if you can and don't compare apples to oranges.  Re-read ICHNGE's response about what makes a good local chapter.  It's lessons learned.
« Last Edit: 04/19/06 07:48 AM by RoarinRow » Logged

Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 04/16/06 08:41 PM »

I do appreciate the recent feedback on this topic of local chapters!

It is interesting to see such passion and emotion from members. The problem I have in Virginia is the lack of passion! chevy (not mine personally  love )
I set up a buddy list of about 35 -40 Virginia members and send out multiple PMs as well as public threads asking for ideas and encourage the Virginia members to talk up the events to create enthusiasm. Out of that many I get maybe 7 or 8 replies and maybe 5 or 6 show up to the meetings or GTGs.Sometimes no one shows up.
I remind them that it's not a one person operation and the local will only be as fun or active as they choose it to be. Based on results they do not want a very active local. Sad
I will gladly support anyone with their efforts to set up meetings or GTGs but I have other family issues to deal with and will not be the organizer for a group that by results does not wish to be organized. I do care about the people I have met in person or on line and wish them well and would like to see them again or meet them for the first time.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: