• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

was southern comfort a sponser for this gtg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacavy

if so,did anyone talk to those guys about selling parts?all i need is the two outside sail panels & the two storage bin covers.i talked to them friday & they were no help.these threads are from cladding posts.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME (TODD) OUR # IS 1-800-745-6096 MY ext IS 3072
LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR CALL !

i called this todd dude & he wasn't even nice at all!!!he said they wouldn't sell any parts!! none! he said you would have to "bring it in to the factory".WTH????all i want is the sail panel covers & storage box covers!!!what kind of business is that?        wacavy                                                             

Souther Comfort will not ship parts.  You must have them install at their facility.  I was told that this is done to protect the copyrights.  They told me that if we can get a group buy of a least 10 people that we could get the covers for the sail, boxes and taigate for $500 painted and installed.  You would have to go on site and have them installed.

SCC was indeed a sponsor donating a Grill for the Bowling Green GTG.
I have a pretty good relationship w/SCC and would be glad to help any way that I can, but Viper is correct on the "factory only" installs.

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard!so i'm supossed to take my truck to bfe for sail panel covers t be double sided taped on...wth?do they want to make money or not? i guess NOT!!!

wacavy said:
that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard!so i'm supossed to take my truck to bfe for sail panel covers t be double sided taped on...wth?do they want to make money or not? i guess NOT!!!
You are entitled to your opinion, but SCC is one of the premier conversion mfgs. in the US and they do get a premium for their work so they do make plenty of money.
Personally I will be heading down to their factory to have the exterior "slick kit" and interior blackwood kit installed within the next few weeks ;)

wacavy said:
They're not really in the "Parts" business. Their main Business is total Conversion Packages for Dealers.

parts bus brings in much more money these days.i don't kmow of too many businesses that can afford to turn away big revenues with any longevity.i don't see this protecting anything.if someone wants to knock off your product,they will!

k, so sounds like the SCC was a sponsor, of sorts, more like a contributing raffle sponsor ???  at anyrate, the question was asked and answered.  I am locking the thread before it spirals out of control as it no longer seems to be relevant to the GTG.  If you guys would like to continue the chat about getting help from SCC, please do so in PMs or emails.

Thanks! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back