• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lake Carlyle, Il GTG Sunday June 26, 2005

4rvfun

SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
For all you central Illinois and St. Louis members. How about a day at Lake Carlyle beach by the dam. I will be down there camping at Hazlet St. Park that weekend. The beach is nice, showers and bathrooms are available. Its a boating lake for people who like to do that. I was thinking just a picnic day at the beach with some of my new Av friends.

So far we have:

1. 4rvfun
2. 02z71black
3. Avialanche
4. BlueDevil
5. Rocket (maybe)
6. Travis_z34 (maybe)
7. Coolmagnet (maybe)

blackchev said:
I use to fish that lake when I was groing up. I remember it can get pretty rough when the wind picks up.

When we were there last year there were a lot of sail boats on the lake so it must be known for some wind. Mornings and evenings seemed to be calmer.

Avialanche said:
blackchev said:
I use to fish that lake when I was groing up. I remember it can get pretty rough when the wind picks up.
Does this mean you'll come to this gtg?? ? ;D ;D
I will be in Ireland  that weekend. I am bring back some paddys irish whiskey.
(7 bottles) for the next time we all GTG. Guess someone will be spending the night.  :D: :D:

blackchev said:
Avialanche said:
blackchev said:
Does this mean you'll come to this gtg?? ? ;D ;D
I will be in Ireland? that weekend. I am bring back some paddys irish whiskey.
(7 bottles) for the next time we all GTG. Guess someone will be spending the night.? :D: :D:
Again, i'm gonna have to break the "Rules", and have a good time.? ? I hope you get'em past Customs ??? ;D..................but in any case..................Have a Great Trip :)? ? R U gonna see U2? >:D

maybe Mike could talk Matt into it. Kind of long ride for him tho.

Main One said:
Is there good tent camping there?

The best web site is http://www.carlylelake.com/

The beach is by the dam west and there is a corps campground close by there, real nice. Eldon Hazlet state park is real nice too, we think it has better views of the lake (you got to get there early in the week to get a site next to the lake tho) . They have a tent section, but its the kind where you park your car and walk to the site (less than a couple of hundred feet to the farthest site). The bathrooms seem to be kept clean all the time and its only a few miles from the beach. Only electric is at any of the regular camp sites, so trying to get close to a water hydrant is a challenge, but there a lot of them scattered around.

4RVfun,

When are you heading down there?    I'd rather go down there on Sat,  spend the night on the boat, and then head back home 3-o-clockish sunday afternoon,  i gotta work Monday the 27th.

Black,

? ? ?Thanks for posting that information.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?If no one else from my area is going to this gtg, i'm probably gonna cancel myself out.........it's too long of a drive to do by myself.? ? ? ?

who from ST.Louis is going to carlye?

lets get a caravan together for sunday morning (time up for debate)... we can call it "church".  >:D

Sorry can't do the caravan on sunday I am going there friday in the morning going to make this trip into a little vacation

Back