• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Direct TV in the AV?!

pdxkevin

SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I knew it was only a matter of time.  Now, you can get Direct TV in your AV! I am sure the other datillite companies will have stuff out there too... it's just the whole thought of mobile satillite TV on the road.. I can see these getting banned or blamed just like the cellphones are now.

Does anyone have Direct TV in their AV, yet?  Can you get the one subscription for your house and AV? or are they seperate?

Sure changes roughing it while camping... and the tailgate party... all we need it the AV 60" wide screen!

Your talking about the Tracvision system also called the KVH A5. It sells for about $2300.00 .. The antenna is large about 3 ft x 4 ft and 4 in high...I'd wait till Sirius does Video, That should be in about a year.. With the same antenna...

If you have Direc TV at home then all you pay is $5.00 more a month to have it in your car...

One of our semi drivers at work has direct tv in his sleeper in the truck.  He has directtv at home and pays the $5 extra like Glenn says.  That gives him the local channels even if he's 400 miles away from home.  He loves it!

Now the trick is if you tell them it's in a RV NOT an Av You can pay for and get  HBO's and other pay Ch's BUT in a SUV you can't.....

We just did two Limo's for Home Depot.. We just told them they were in a 32 ft Fleetwood...Sure they pay more but they can get what ever they want... (y)

This has been out for at least 2 years, I saw it at the Spring Break Nationals 2 years ago, it is large, but very cool!

this is old news.  I can see putting it in an RV or something, but in my AV?  Kinda cool but not for me.  To each his/her own I guess.

`Not to make it a contest, TracVision was available for some time now, well longer than 2 years. But regardless of who or when, it's a nice setup. (If one likes TV.. :9: )

This one? (Click it)

Yes, much more recent. The earlier one was what I was refering to.

Recently saw a used Escalade on Dealer's lot that must have had one of these on it. Those new round ones look much better.

I guess if I was a long haul trucker, I could justify it.  I don't live in my AV and don't see much need in it.  But as Rich said, to each hes/her own.

I still have cable TV.  Picture is great, but the hard part is rewinding all that cable back up on the drive home!!  >:D

:kidding:

If we all got DirectTV & custom flat screens to replace the rear window and all had it on the same channel during cruises that would be awesome.  Just watch TV on the truck in front of you.

14 1/2 months and I still don't know if my REC/DVD works  :rolleyes:

i think it will be cool just to have tv in your car! but thats why i get anything done to my car i am thinking about geting it but it is to much $$ for something i wont use that much

But how many of your friends can ride down the street and watch "Sports Center"  It is a big price and a big circle on top of your ride, but it is cool.  You  can incorp the double vision entertainment center with it, or leave off the Tracvision and play games and watch movies.  Both are great baby sitters for those long road trips. :B:

When you hit the reply button it will bring up a window.Towards the bottom of the window, youcan click on "additional options" wher you can attach a pic from your hard drive. Good luck!

Check out the new company RaySat. Gives you direct tv and internet access in your car.

Mark S
SoundsExtreme

crstal said:
i think it will be cool just to have tv in your car! but thats why i get anything done to my car i am thinking about geting it but it is to much $$ for something i wont use that much

TV is cool in the truck...I use a rabbit ear type setup around the winsheild and it works well for a few local channels as long as I am near NYC. 

Attachments

• 88322028_279656404_0.jpg
    88322028_279656404_0.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 743
Back