Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/18/14 01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting GTG's  (Read 3296 times)
farmguy
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

Don't Mess with Texas

Awards
« on: 03/23/05 08:47 AM »

In the DFW area our GTG's have become pretty blah.  banghead Primarily standing around shooting the S@#t then having a late lunch.  Roll Eyes

What do you do to make your GTG's interesting and get better attendance.  Huh

'06 LT. Texas Bowtie, Jayhawk Hitch cover,  Amber DRLs, Magellan GPS, backup cam, Line of Fire, Chrome letter overlays, Cherry Bomb Glasspack, Bowtie Exhaust tip,Vent Visors, Bug Shield, Billet Grille, Halo Headlights, dark tinted windows, Sail panel LED's, Backup Sensors. Chrome 20's.
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/05 09:57 AM »

Thats the way our Eat & Greets usually are and thats fine with me. We have a few other meets through the year where we do a little more. We are having a Flash and Glow show coming up on April the 2nd, not many signed up yet, we hope to draw several others! I find that if you can get sponsers that donate items to give away it really draws the members out! Of course there are so many GTG's now that getting these donations unless you have a BIG event planned is hard to do.

Butch

TexAVfan
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/05 07:44 PM »

Every area of the US has interesting citys and towns that have local attractions - some historic and others just fun or interesting. Look around your area within a couple hour drive and get out and explore your state. I have seen more of Texas since I started organizing GTGs with short day trips around here. We always have fun and you can learn local history and see things you never knew were in your own backyard.
We still GTG for Hooters runs or bowling but the road trips are very popular - as well as weekend camping trips or areas of attraction that are several hours away.
We have many GTGs here in Texas, some are day trips others overnight and some are 3 day weekend events.

Richard
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/23/05 07:52 PM »

ditto for us.  We've had different members come up with ideas (which helps a lot.)  We've caravaned through prominent wine countries, toured around Lake Tahoe, been on one of the nations roughest 4x4 trails (Rubicon), had a HUGE charity event & soooo much more.

For upcoming events, we're planning on participating in a local auto show and are even in talks to be included in the 4th of July Parade for one of the local cities.  We KNOW we're not going to please everyone w/ EVERY event, but we try to have enough variety to make it appealing for different folks at different times.  We too have done the camping thing and even had one event where we had a huge BBQ/Picnic then caravaned through a bunch of different strip mall parking lots only to end up at a fance ice cream shop.

Yes, many of our events are just about standing around chatting at a local starbucks, but we try to make sure to have some variety so we can attract many different types of members.  Hopefully this'll give you some ideas.
Tinman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/23/05 08:05 PM »

Every area of the US has interesting citys and towns that have local attractions - some historic and others just fun or interesting. Look around your area within a couple hour drive and get out and explore your state. I have seen more of Texas since I started organizing GTGs with short day trips around here. We always have fun and you can learn local history and see things you never knew were in your own backyard.
We still GTG for Hooters runs or bowling but the road trips are very popular - as well as weekend camping trips or areas of attraction that are several hours away.
We have many GTGs here in Texas, some are day trips others overnight and some are 3 day weekend events.

Richard

Interesting GTG's  Cool,begin with the "King of Katy"
gatorray

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/24/05 06:12 PM »

The Florida GTGs lately are mostly MOD fests and that seems to be a popular choice.  Especially when you have guys that are skilled at installing strobes and the remote tailgate lock.  After each GTG, everyone has learned something new and can apply their knowledge at the next GTG.

The other Florida GTG that is popular involves Hangman and a bunch of cooked flesh being eaten and kegs being emptied.  You can consider it a mod fest if you think of weight gain as a mod to your body.  Smiley

2003 Z71 Dark Green Metallic born Jan 2003 - Loaded with lots o' extras.
Mods:  Weathertech shades and hood protector, Full Time Amber DRLs, Tint, billet grill and fuel door, StreetGraphics Z71 decals, .'s 4 fenders, white face applique, Flowmaster 50 dual exhaust, and KMC Ace 20"s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: