• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

xm and snow

ricnshanb

I have a 2003 2500 avalanche, and I just got a after-market (myfi) xm radio.  I  was wondering if anyone had problems with snow on  the antena on the roof.  I  have not put it up there yet cause of it being cold here, I'll wait till its warmer.  Any info would be great,  Thanks

I would imagine that anything building up on any antenna would affect it. `just a matter of how much.

You likely have enough "overhead" where the reception would remain stable. I've seen communications antennae as a solid "ice pole" and work just fine. And there's some that fade in & out with the wind...

I would feel you will have adequate "overhead" to provide a steady signal. Mine is OK 99% of the time and it's inside.

We just got 8 inches here in jersey, and left the roof covered and went for my coffee and didnt have a problem getting a reception with my myfi

Same here, covered with snow and ice this morning and did not lose reception at all heading to work. I dont think snow is anymore a problem than clouds :love:

Back