• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Region III Convoy to Bluegrass Nationals?

ChevyThunder

SM 2006
SM 2003
Region III AV'ers.....

I will be heading to the nationals from Omaha, anyone want to make the trip together?
For now I plan on leaving either Monday or Tuesday (11 or 12 April)
712 miles from my door to the Baymont Inn.

Let me know.

CT.

If your're going straight east to Chicago and then taking I-65 south,? ?i'm sure there will be at least? ?6 to 10 other AVer's that will join the Convoy, since I-65 is the direct route south to the GTG for most people coming from the northern half of the midwest states and the east and west sides of Lake Michigan. :B:

I plan on leaving on Wed.

I'll see if I can figure out a common route. I am also thinking of going to Northern IN as well so that may help. I will have my two way on. Anyone else have radios?

It would be nice to roll in as a group.

Later.

Chris...never did say congrats on your new AV. I LIKE!!!!! It's contatgeous aint it!!!  >:D

CONGRATS!!!

ChevyThunder said:
I'll see if I can figure out a common route. I am also thinking of going to Northern IN as well so that may help. I will have my two way on. Anyone else have radios?

It would be nice to roll in as a group.

Later.

Chris...never did say congrats on your new AV. I LIKE!!!!! It's contatgeous aint it!!!? ?>:D

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks Sean... I went in for a t-shirt... nah that's been done... I went to a GTG and came back with a new truck!  >:D

ChevyThunder said:

It would be nice to roll in as a group....

If you are planning on driving by Northern IN, then it's just a matter of coordinating our schedules to match.

If you leave tuesday, drive to NW IN and spend the night there(we can meet for dinner since I live in the area)then we can convoy together on wednesday. :0:

I'm sure we could get Avialanche, Jnspur, Blackchev, Mongo Ranger and wife, MDZ66 (the regulars) to meet Wednesday morning and head out to Bowling Green.

On our way down we can also maybe pick up Butch and any others on the way. :0:

Let's see if we can make this happen. ;D ;D

David

Sounds like a plan to me. I may actually be in IN on the weekend of the 9-11. I'll be in Ft Wayne. I can leave in plenty of time to meet up with everyone. I'm sure the details will shake out as we get closer. I'll provide cell and radio info as we get closer as well

CT.

Just looking at Maps etc and it looks I will be picking up I-65 in Inidianapolis after I leave Ft Wayne.
Northface, maybe you and I could hook up with the Chicago area crew in Indi?

Dinner or something sounds cool by the way.

My days are flexible so we will see what we can make happen.

Later.
CT

Mdz66 said:
I guess we leave on wednesday ??? ??? That will give us a day to get settled in and ready for the big day.

Matt:
Are you staying at the hotel or camping?

If you are camping and want to convoy with us on wednesday you are more than welcome to park your camper in my driveway tuesday night, instead of getting up really early on wednesday.

ChevyThunder said:
Just looking at Maps etc and it looks I will be picking up I-65 in Inidianapolis after I leave Ft Wayne.
Northface, maybe you and I could hook up with the Chicago area crew in Indi?

Dinner or something sounds cool by the way.

My days are flexible so we will see what we can make happen.

Later.
CT

CT,

Sounds good to me. Like I mention before we may be able to get some of the Central Indiana members to join us in Indi and continue the trip with us (did you hear that Butch) >:D

We can pick the place and time to meet as we get closer.

Later

David

We are going to do the hotel. David we may come down tuesday night after I get out of work which should be 3pm if we can find a place to crash.  ??? ??? Avialanche are you out there??? ;D ;D

I doubt that we will head down until Friday evening. We plan on attending Saturday and then see what the plans are for Sunday.

Butch

Hi guys..just an update. I will be heading out on Sunday and driving to IN. I will be in Indidnapolis(coming from Ft Wayne) on the 13th, I just need to know when and where to meet everyone.

I'm assuming I will have internet access between Sunday and Wednesday next week, but can't guarantee it.

My cell number is 402-516-2434. I will also have my FRS radios. Everyone use channel 2?

Later.
CT

As far as I know we will leave wednesday morning sometime. It takes about 2-1/2 to 3 hrs. to get to Indi from around my house (where we will most likely meet) So depending on the time we leave here I will let you know what time we meet in Indi.

MDZ66 what time are you planing on getting here? Are you guys coming with Avialanche? Let us know so we can plan accordingly.

thank you

David

NorthFace-of-NW-IN said:
As far as I know we will leave wednesday morning sometime. It takes about 2-1/2 to 3 hrs. to get to Indi from around my house (where we will most likely meet) So depending on the time we leave here I will let you know what time we meet in Indi.

MDZ66 what time are you planing on getting here? Are you guys coming with Avialanche? Let us know so we can plan accordingly.

thank you

David
Dave & Deb

Yes,  i'll be leadin Mdz66 to your place? or some other meeting place?      What time?

Avialanche said:
NorthFace-of-NW-IN said:

thank you

David
Dave & Deb

Yes, i'll be leadin Mdz66 to your place? or some other meeting place? What time?

It takes just over 6 hours to get to Bowling Green(from my house), so if we want to be there between 6:00 or 7:00 P.M. we should leave my house (or meeting area) between 10:00 and 11:00 A.M.  ;D ;D

That would put us in Indianapolis around 1:00 P.M. and give us time to meet and introduce ourselfs to ChevyThunder and continue with our journey to the Nationals. (y)

Lets see if this works for everybody.(I hope it does) :2:

See you all then (4-13-05)

David

I am not very familiar with the area so the best thing may be to pick an exit of I65 somewhere south of Indi ???. Maybe there is someone familiar with the area that can help us find a good (not crowded) meeting place ;D.

If not I will look at the map, pick an exit south of indi and let you know by the end of today :2:.

David

I was just looking at a Map and it looks like any exit  between exit 111 and 108(109 and 110 A and 110B) will be pretty good. Those exits are not to far out, but I can't vouch for what's around them. I'll continue to dig and will post if I find anything. I am trying to track down rest areas too.

Later.
Sean

It looks like the northern region III people are going to get a day's jump on me.  I am planning to go to Bowling Green on Thursday.

I put a post in the Indiana forum but this looks like the better area for large scale coordination.

Safe traveling to all

The MOX
Central Indiana

Tdybr27 said:
Tdybr27 said:
Mox, when are you leaving Indy? I'm leaving KC Thursday morning

edit: nevermind, I lost myself in Indiana... I won't be close to Indianapolis? LOL

And I thought I had been really lost in Indiana

I'd get myself a GPS.... ;D

Have a safe drive...

Back