• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Do We Do A Region lll GTG This Year?

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
The new year is off to a great start and there are bigger GTG's planned than ever before! Our plans for a Region III GTG last year never came about. Do we want to plan a large Region III GTG this year? We have been doing a lot of traveling to GTG's all over and have met some great people! For us, a perfect GTG is hanging out with like minded folks and talking AVALANCHE! I would love to have a great GTG like the MEGA MEET that was held last September in California. It was just a wonderful day in the park! If you have ideas for a Region III GTG post them up!

Butch

With the 2005 Bluegrass Nationals in mid-April just an hour outside our region, I suggest that we wait until at least July, and that we also have it away from southern Indiana, since it is so close to Bowling Green.  (Gets me off the hook this way, don't you see!)

I've lived in Wisconsin (Eau Claire) and currently live in Indiana.  When younger, we visited relatives in Iowa and Missouri regularly.  I've seen enough of Kansas to last about the rest of my lifetime.  I've seen the twin cities of Minnesota, and have enjoyed the boundary waters canoe area on the Minnesota/Canadian border.  I've driven through Illinois several times.  For me, a visit to these states would be redundant.

The above said, I would like to visit Nebraska and the Dakotas, or Michigan.  I don't think I've ever been to Nebraska.  I've seen the Badlands and Mt Rushmore, but would like to share them with the kids.  My visits to Michigan have been limited to the Detroit area, and I'm sure there are some very nice places to visit in Michigan farther north.

Back