• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chevy Avalanche VS Nissan Titan?

XhaustedZ71

A Friend of Mine Just picked up a V-8 Nissan Titan. He set up the challenge to me and claims that he can take out my 03 Av I have Exhaust and a Power Programmer
Think I can take him???

I don't know.. :rolleyes: It's been talked about before... Do you have one of those Magic 8 Balls? see what that says... >:D

due to the TM and HP ratings of the 2, and having driven one....... I would not bet my pink slip...

I beat all sorts of Fords with it All Except the Lightning obviously Motor Trend puts the 1/4 mile time of the Titan at 16.0 My Av was 16.3 Stock. I hope my Mods Will pull me past him. however Torque Mangement Will spoil the fun If I cant get the jump off the line!

THE HEARTBEAT said:
You'll beat him in ride comfort, looks and versatility. ;D

Precisely.

Sorry, but I don't buy a truck like this to be fastest from stoplight to stoplight ;)

For that, I'd buy an SRT-10 if I had to have the fastest truck around. For stoplight-stoplight or on-track performance, I'll choose the appropriate vehicle for that.

Remove every thing from your truck,spair,bed covers,bed pad,clading (if you got it)

And the driver does make a diffrance. (y)

GO FOR IT. but dont forget to post WIN or lose.

XhaustedZ71 said:
I beat all sorts of Fords with it All Except the Lightning obviously Motor Trend puts the 1/4 mile time of the Titan at 16.0 My Av was 16.3 Stock. I hope my Mods Will pull me past him. however Torque Mangement Will spoil the fun If I cant get the jump off the line!
I think the titan time is around 14's or 15's in the 1/4. Maybe high 13's. I can't remember exactly, but I know its alot better than 16.
Oh, yea, if you want to beat the lightning and everything else, get the Dodge Ram SRT-10.

Let the New York and Jersey Crew know when the race is Maybe we'll all come down and line the streets... >:D

How Bout The Lamborghini NO NOT THE CAR.
The SUV LM002
lm002.jpg

http://formen.ign.com/news/9829.html?fromint=1
The 1st real luxury SUV (y)

Wait maybe we dot this all wrong.
back them up to each other strap them together.
AND LET IT RIP. >:D

Ya Glen and they came with a set of killer Pirelli's
Kevlar Sick $1,100 ea (would be cool on a AV bullet proof at 100mph off road)

I have been thinking about a set of their 18" wheels for my Avalanche. What do you think?

Butch

The Titan's build quality and fit and finish are great too, and that's a nice engine.

Well, if the Titan is built like my wifes Armada, I think you would loose. FOr such a heavy vehicle,hers hauls butt, and is very comfortable. I absolutely love driving her Armada, that engine is awesome.

My Friend is waiting til he hits 500 miles on his Titan before the race goes down and its likely to be at Francies Lewis Blvd here in Queens, Its the longest stretch of road with no chance of a car coming out and creaming us both! Plus Plenty of room to Stop!! I have 20" rims on the truck now, Im wondering If I would be faster if I put my Stock tires on, Considering there would be less rolling resistance. Plus I never leave the 20's on the truck for the winter, So Its about that time to change them!

XhaustedZ71 said:
My Friend is waiting til he hits 500 miles on his Titan before the race goes down and its likely to be at Francies Lewis Blvd here in Queens, Its the longest stretch of road with no chance of a car coming out and creaming us both! Plus Plenty of room to Stop!! I have 20" rims on the truck now, Im wondering If I would be faster if I put my Stock tires on, Considering there would be less rolling resistance. Plus I never leave the 20's on the truck for the winter, So Its about that time to change them!
Leave them on, you might not win, at least you'll be looking good. ;D
Yes, you will have a better chance with the stock tires.

well guess what, while the AV is in the shop getting the t-case fixed... my rental is a crew cab Titan 4x4.....

All I can say is WOW.....

I really wish that my AV had the pull this thing does... from a stop it will force you back in the seat all the way to 60..... I am sure my AV would feel the same if I dropped an extra 5 grand on a super charger...  :rolleyes:

I love my AV, but it is nice to see what the other trucks out there are like....

AV beats the titan in functionality with the midgate.... but I think the titan takes over the lead from there...

That being said.... I can't wait to get my AV back from the dealer today  :B:

My neighbor has a new Titan, nice truck. Not for me though. It always looks 7/8 scale next to my Av. And I think we have a more comfortable interior. I guess I don't really care who wins the 0-60 arrgument, since they are so close its mostly the nut behind the wheel.

My neighbor bought his touting superior jap quality. His Nissan is six months old, has less than 4k miles on it, and has been back for warranty service five times. My Av is one year old, turned 35k last night, and just went in for its first warranty work. And that was the tailgate cable recall, and a mirror. Just Dunno..........

BoatMark said:
My neighbor has a new Titan, nice truck. Not for me though. It always looks 7/8 scale next to my Av. And I think we have a more comfortable interior. I guess I don't really care who wins the 0-60 arrgument, since they are so close its mostly the nut behind the wheel.

My neighbor bought his touting superior jap quality. His Nissan is six months old, has less than 4k miles on it, and has been back for warranty service five times. My Av is one year old, turned 35k last night, and just went in for its first warranty work. And that was the tailgate cable recall, and a mirror. Just Dunno..........

that is not jap vs american quality.... both are american made and no matter what brand, you will have good ones and bad ones.... you got well built AV and thats where it ends...

My AV has been in many many many times (I am friends with 2 service advisors, 1 service manager, and 2 shop formans at the local dealer.... I never met them before buying my AV)

DougD said:
Sorry, but I don't buy a truck like this to be fastest from stoplight to stoplight ;)

For that, I'd buy an SRT-10 if I had to have the fastest truck around. ?For stoplight-stoplight or on-track performance, I'll choose the appropriate vehicle for that.

i have to agree with you on this one DougD.  now if i had that SRT-10 i would not even entertain the thought of wasting my gas on such a challenge.

Nissan did their homework on this one.  You drive a V8 Tundra, and it feels like you're driving a Toyota, nice, but bland and uninspiring.  Drive a Titan, and you know you're driving a rumbling, push you in the seat V8.

this is what my decision came down to, titan or an av.
if i had to have or needed a 'full' truck i would have gotten a titan, it blew away everything else. the only problem i had with the titan was the very loud exhaust volume. (y) (y)

Rxzruby
:B:

Back