• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2004 Fuel Filter?

spooky

Does after an hour at my dealership to change my fuel filter they said that they could not find it and it must be in the tank. Does anyone know if they did away with the fuel filter for 04 my 03 had it mounted on the frame rails? Can it be replaced?

Your filter is in the tank. You can read more about it Here

So how do you replace the fuel filter on an 04, do you have to drop the tank or something like that.

HeavyD said:
So how do you replace the fuel filter on an 04, do you have to drop the tank or something like that.

yes.....

Filter is supposed to last the life of the vehicle. :rolleyes:

Wow that is so cool for the 04, no gb light, no under hood light, only 1 light in cargo area, no lights under the dash and no lock on the console. that is just great now they put a simple fuel filter in the gas tank why would they want to do something like that, so no one would steel it :9:

HeavyD said:
why would they want to do something like that, so no one would steel it :9:
I think the correct term is 'job security' for the chevy service department techs. ;)

Maybe someone with a 2004 owners manual could check, but I believe there is no scheduled maintenence on your fuel filters. Hopefully one of our resident techs or engineers could enlighten us.

HeavyD said:
Wow that is so cool for the 04, no gb light, no under hood light, only 1 light in cargo area, no lights under the dash and no lock on the console. that is just great now they put a simple fuel filter in the gas tank why would they want to do something like that, so no one would steel it :9:
oh and I almost foregot no keyhole in passenger door.I'll have 2 check the manual.

So this is real cool we now have a filter that if God forebid you run real low on fuel, it will take all that junk and procces it. cool.

They also took the rubber rub strips off the roof rack rails. I bought them from my service dept. and put them back. In fact I'm putting back everything they took off my '04.

I got 2 sunvisors in my 04 maybe it was a option ;D
Inspect system for leaks & routing and check purge valve is done every 50,000 miles.

hoberth said:
They also took the rubber rub strips off the roof rack rails. I bought them from my service dept. and put them back. In fact I'm putting back everything they took off my '04.
Are these supposed to go under the anchor points on the rails? what purpose would they serve?

Back