• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Indy November Eat-N-Greet

The Mox

SM 2004
You are all invitited to the Fourth montly Eat-N-Greet in the Indianapolis region. This is a very informal meet just to allow members and others to meet face to face , see other vehicles and their mods and to get the new Indiana Club Logo decal.
This GTG is certainly not limited to Indy people. I am sure there will be plenty of time afterwards to sit around and tell tall tales.

We have seen a new face at all of the meets. Thanks to SmartAV for being last month's farthest away visitor ( and having the coolest mod).

Where: O'Charlies Restaurant
11655 Fishers Corner Blvd., Fishers
Just west of I-69 at the 116th exit
Exit 5 on I-69

When: Saturday November 6th
Time: about noon (for eats)

YellowZ71's wife is the general manager and if we behave she typically throws in a perk or two (appetizers??)

We are also planning for a December Christmas type meeting . Details in another message

We will be there. I had a guy stop by the house that was at the Central Indiana Modding GTG last year. He wanted to know if I still had any of the decals that I gave away, the mountain decals that people are putting on the C-pillar. I do not have any; can someone give me a link as to where to buy them? I told him about the monthly GTG and he seemed interested.

Butch

I have to work Nov 6 but what kind of stupid number system does Indiana use on the interstate ? In Michigan we start at the bottom of the state so I-69 Exit #5 would be 5 miles from the state border, I'm up above exit 100 on I-75 or I-69 so over 100 miles from Ohio or Indiana.

Loren :B:

what kind of stupid number system does Indiana use on the interstate ?

As I understand it Indiana numbers the Interstate from where they consider the "start" of that particular interstate. I-69 starts in Indianapolis where it connects to I-465. The point is mile "0". There is even a sign there. It continues until it leaves the state. Fort Wayne has several exits on I-69, the 102, 105 up to beyond 115.
I think 1-70 is counted from the west side of the state near Terre Haute and end up at the east side near Richmond. The !-70 Exits in Indy start at 77 and end about 87. I think I-65 numbering starts on the north corner of Indiana.

No rhyme or reason, from what I know. But then again we still have fidured out daylight savings time, either..

The MOX
Greg

The Mox said:
what kind of stupid number system does Indiana use on the interstate ?

As I understand it Indiana numbers the Interstate from where they consider the "start" of that particular interstate. I-69 starts in Indianapolis where it connects to I-465. The point is mile "0". There is even a sign there. It continues until it leaves the state. Fort Wayne has several exits on I-69, the 102, 105 up to beyond 115.
I think 1-70 is counted from the west side of the state near Terre Haute and end up at the east side near Richmond. The !-70 Exits in Indy start at 77 and end about 87. I think I-65 numbering starts on the north corner of Indiana.

No rhyme or reason, from what I know. But then again we still have fidured out daylight savings time, either..

The MOX
Greg

I guess I was unfair, we have it easier since we are peninsulae, ours start at the bottom or west/left and run thru the state to a bridge to Canada. They will have to renumber I-69 down there when it's finished I guess, it's going to run from Mexico to Canada some day. I read electric meters in 2 counties for 5 years, I know all about odd local address numbering systems in many other states I have worked or lived in too.

Our roads are faily easy to figure out. The interstates are just as The Mox says. On most state Hwys. the even numbers are east/west and the odd numbers are north/south. They start with the lower numbers on one side of the state and work their way accross the state. You should try finding a road by number in Kentucky!!

Now, when are you going to make one of our GTG's? ;D

Butch

Flint4x4 said:
I have to work Nov 6 but what kind of stupid number system does Indiana use on the interstate ? In Michigan we start at the bottom of the state so I-69 Exit #5 would be 5 miles from the state border, I'm up above exit 100 on I-75 or I-69 so over 100 miles from Ohio or Indiana.

Loren :B:

I always thought odd numbered High ways/interstates ran Nort/South & even the opposite...but I69 runs at more of an angle ???

Oh, well. I just love those black wheels! :love:

I believe that most states number from the south to the north and from the west to the east. The exit numbers in most states correlate to the mileage from the starting point of a particular intersate (in the state in question) to the ending point. If you follow the mile markers you will find that exit numbers will fit in.

I did say MOST states. The one state that I know of that doesn't follow this plan is Florida. If you are driving in Fla. and try to gauge distance and time by exit numbers you will drive yourself crazy >:D and be in for a very long drive. They are TOTALLY different down there. ;D

I just sent out the FIRST Indiana Avalanche Club News Letter today. If you are a Indiana MEMBER or just want to read our news letter please send me your E-Address and I will add you to the list!

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
I just sent out the FIRST Indiana Avalanche Club News Letter today. If you are a Indiana MEMBER or just want to read our news letter please send me your E-Address and I will add you to the list!

Butch

Butch, check your Email.

~~FL~~

I did, let me know that you got the newsletter.

Butch

This Saturday is the November Eat & Greet, where is everyone? :rolleyes:
I thought we might use this GTG to discuss if we want to try to hold a Christmas GTG.

Butch

It's our monthly Eat & Greet, are you in the area?

Where: O'Charlies Restaurant
11655 Fishers Corner Blvd., Fishers
Just west of I-69 at the 116th exit
Exit 5 on I-69

When: Saturday November 6th
Time: about noon (for eats)

Butch

We are heading out to this GTG in a few min. I sure hope a few show up, its been awful quite in here......................

Butch

Sorry I missed you again. :-[
Couldn't make it out today.

I've got plans Dec 4 and Dec 11.

Won't be coming Jan 1 (if you do this New Year's Day.)
And I have a WV GTG Jan 8.

Guess I'll try for February. :rolleyes:

I really do intend to make the trip for lunch one of these months. :love:

GoldBowTie said:
Sorry I missed you again. :-[
Couldn't make it out today.

I've got plans Dec 4 and Dec 11.

Won't be coming Jan 1 (if you do this New Year's Day.)
And I have a WV GTG Jan 8.

Guess I'll try for February. :rolleyes:

I really do intend to make the trip for lunch one of these months. :love:

Thanks, I know that you will make it one of these GTG's
It was just The Mox and I this time. We did a little planning for a GTG in Dec where we will eat a later lunch and then a drive to see some Christmas lights.

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
It was just The Mox and I this time. W

Butch

Butch

We did get one visitor to our outside GTG. He kept a keen eye on our trucks.

Attachments

• littlehawk.jpg
    littlehawk.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 7
The Mox said:
Butch

We did get one visitor to our outside GTG. He kept a keen eye on our trucks.

Ah yes, I forgot about our watchbird!

Butch

Back