• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need Opinions From The Great Lakes Chapter!

StrobinAvalanche

show.jpg

Here is a design I'm working on for a 14"Tall x 48"Wide banner that I'm getting made. The logo on the left is pretty much gonna stay that way. I just need opinions/ideas on what to do on the right side. I'm thinking about having the states listed on there and what do you guys think about have the CAFCNA logo(do we have permission to do this?) on it. PLEASE HELP ME OUT . . .I want to have this done by the next GTG.

Thanks
~Strobin

Interesting choice of chapter title why would you chose Great Lakes for an American club when the majority of the Great Lakes are in Canada?

Just curious ???

other wise looks like it would make a great bumper sticker.

You should check with steelheadchaser, as I believe he has the best current understanding of what we can and cannot do with either the CAFCNA logo, the Chevy bowtie, and the Avalanche image. Yes, I know it sounds silly that there would be such extensive rules regarding the promotion of the GM brand, but GM is a HUGE company, and these logos are their assets inasmuch as the technology under your hood is, so they guard them pretty carefully.

I'll point steelheadchaser to this thread, but you may want to PM him directly to let him know you're interested in using the various logos.

Brendan

Thanks Br. Using the name Great Lakes Avalanche Club made sense to us cause the get togethers draws members from Ill., Wis., Ind., and Mich. but everyones welcome. The banner looks good Strobe. Any thoughts to a sticker as well?

Good Job Strob!!When you come up with the final Design.. I want one (y)Like Ira said above ..We are pretty close to the lakes ourselfs . Him more than me even .. >:D

Nats

hey White ... ever heard of the "Great Lakes Region"? .... in the US the states of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin are referred to as the "great lakes region"

Strob ... nice design but I think you are gonna have problems from GM using the Bowtie and the Av. ... they are Trademark symbols from GM ...
I agree with BR ... better check with Steel to be sure ...

Intimidatoruag said:
hey White ... ever heard of the "Great Lakes Region"? .... in the US the states of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin are referred to as the "great lakes region"

Never heard it called that and it does not make any sense to me. When I hear the great lakes region the only states that would even come to mind are New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio.

Either way it would still make a kewl bumper sticker

whitethunder said:
Intimidatoruag said:

Never heard it called that and it does not make any sense to me. When I hear the great lakes region the only states that would even come to mind are New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio.

Either way it would still make a kewl bumper sticker

All border a great lake, after all there are 5 lakes. Add Canada, and that's going to be a pretty big club.

OK here is the thing. I'm making this design so I can have a banner made by an Ebay seller. Most of their banners already include the AV(or any other Chevy vehicle) and the chevy bowtie, so as I see it I'm not violating any of their rules. I'm not selling this to anyone, this is for me. If people end up liking it sure I'll give them the file so they can have their own banner made up.

Do I have to ask GM if I can get a bowtie tattooed on my arm? (not that I'm actually doing that)

I'm calling "Great Lakes Chapter" because the majority of our attendees are from Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana (if anyone from Canada shows up sure I'll add that one to the banner) . . . and they all are tied together by a the Great Lakes. Plus no one else has taken that name have they? Not too late to change it to ILLINOIS AVALANCHE CLUB if anyone makes a fuss. >:D

Why not just call it what it is.....Region III? I, like some others do not think of the Great Lakes when I think of my area.

Butch

This would make a really cool looking banner.

However, I've got to warn you that GM is relentless when it comes to protecting their trademarks and copyrighted material. They require final say on any and all items. And they are very picky on what they will sign off on.

My understanding is that most companies will want to see your grant of permissions to use any logos, graphics, text, etc. before they start producing what are in affect unlicensed knock-offs.

If you do proceed to have these made, please do not include the CAFCNA name or logo on it, as CAFCNA does not hold a grant of permission from General Motors for this type of item at this time.

CAFCNA fully intends to honor and maintain all aspects of it's agreements with General Motors.

Steelheadchaser said:
This would make a really cool looking banner.

However, I've got to warn you that GM is relentless when it comes to protecting their trademarks and copyrighted material. They require final say on any and all items. And they are very picky on what they will sign off on.

My understanding is that most companies will want to see your grant of permissions to use any logos, graphics, text, etc. before they start producing what are in affect unlicensed knock-offs.

If you do proceed to have these made, please do not include the CAFCNA name or logo on it, as CAFCNA does not hold a grant of permission from General Motors for this type of item at this time.

CAFCNA fully intends to honor and maintain all aspects of it's agreements with General Motors.

Gotcha.

Mr. Steelheadchaser,

If I understand Strobin, his banner (flag) is for his personal use. Very much the same as the mod's he has done.
Most members of our club have modded AV's. I have altered my Chevy logo along with several other items and no GM police have contacted me.
I do have two (2) CAFCNA name/logo afixed also, along with a CAFCNA licence plate frame. Purchased from CAFCNA. Should I remove this stuff. Don't recall any permission from GM and CAFCNA nor do I have an agreement or a understanding to have an agreement at some future date.
At times you will find two (2) flags on my AV, no problems with the USA.
Mr. Steelheadchaser, don't you agree that "personal use" and marketing a "knock-off" are not the same.
Bud

PS: May I view the agreements you refer to?

Back