• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Pikes Peak Cruise?

avalanchuck

SM 2007
Just throwing this out as an idea for late summer/early fall GTG... what does everyone think? You have to admit a good 6-7 Av (or MORE! :love:) lineup on top of Pikes Peak would be pretty sweet! (y)

Hey, I'm up for it! Just have to find the best weekend for everyone (but it doesn't look like we have too many schedules to line up right now). :6:

I've been wanting to make it to the top since we moved here. I grew up and lived in Oregon for 20+ years before I made it to Crater Lake. Not gonna happen with the top of Pikes Peak!

Let's hear it from you Colorado!

-Joe

I think I may have a better idea..

We could do Lake Dillon they have a huge park there on the lak where you can camp overnight tents, rvs, trucks etc.. campfires.. would be fun... and would prob be mod central ;)

I'm available the weekend of August 28th & 29th. When is everyone else available.

Anyone know what it'll cost? I can't seem to find any info online.

We were in Colorado in June of this year for vacation and drove up Pikes Peak this year and must say it is the best way to see the mountain at your leisure although there were some people that drove like it was a race to the top and didn't realy seem to care about the beauty around them.
We did the cog railway a couple of years before but enjoyed the drive up much more.
It just started to snow as we were leaving the summit and by the time we were down we were in the middle of a thunderstorm.
If I remember corectly the cost depends on the number of occupants in the vehicle but no more than $35 per vehicle.
I also remember reading that by 2012 it is going to be paved all the way to the top.

MountainLife said:
What are ya asking about pikes or Dillon?

Well I'm assumming that Dillon would be a $5-$10 fee per camp site or picnic site we'd be using... so I'm wondering what the cost is per vehicle if we want to do the Pikes Peak run.

It costs money? :eek:

Now, I'm looking at Sept 4th or 18th. Sundays are not good for me.

Aeroav, nice review! (y)

-Joe

Back