• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Snorkel for Avalanche?

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I know this has been talked about before, but is it possible to put a snorkel on the AV. I know that it would require a lot of work and cutting through the fender, but I am sure that someone must have tried it by now.
Thanks for all your opinions.

-James. :cool:

Maybe someone in NJ. They need it over there the last few days!!!!

Bonedog could definitely use one ;D.

You should talk to PDXKevin, we looked at it and decided the best way to do it was to bring it out the passenger side through the cladding just behind the wheel. Then you could take it off and just have an extra piece of cladding to cover the whole when not in use.

It would require cutting metal, but it's more of some "know how" than work.

This is a homemade snorkel out of some PVC - i think he spent less than 10 bucks to build it. (he had much of it laying around the house)

]

Attachments

• snorkel.jpg
    snorkel.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 186
I have a friend that just put his on his jeep, it looks nice, its clean and flush at the mount on the fender. And it allows him to go pretty deep. ;D

james21 said:
I know this has been talked about before, but is it possible to put a snorkel on the AV. I know that it would require a lot of work and cutting through the fender, but I am sure that someone must have tried it by now.
Thanks for all your opinions.

Do you want one for looks or for function?

I really would like to have one that works, there are a couple deep streams and ponds that I wouldn't mind going through. >:D

james21 said:
I really would like to have one that works, there are a couple deep streams and ponds that I wouldn't mind going through. >:D

Me, too! I would love to get the intake up in some clean air. There are some really dusty roads in Eastern Oregon I want to cruise down and see where they go.

Here is what I have found to date.

Kevin, since you last posted on you other topic was almost 2 years ago, haev you called ARB recently, because there are a lot more AVs out there now then there were 2 years ago. Maybe I'll give ARB a call. (y)

james21 said:
Kevin, since you last posted on you other topic was almost 2 years ago, haev you called ARB recently, because there are a lot more AVs out there now then there were 2 years ago. Maybe I'll give ARB a call. (y)

I'll bet just about anything they're going to not have one. ARB caters to the Australian market and if the truck isn't popular in Australia, they're not going to have any products for it. What products they do have are awesome and I had some of their stuff on my Jeep, including the snorkel and nothing from them ever disappointed.

They also have great customer service. Call their Seattle office and talk to Buddy King. If they make it, he can get it.

By the way, I hope the Jeep pictured above doesn't belong to a member because I don't want to insult anyone but that home-fab snorkel looks like absolute garbage.

Joe

james21 said:
Kevin, since you last posted on you other topic was almost 2 years ago, haev you called ARB recently...

I keep sending emails everywhere I can and nothing comes back. Not even a 'we're not interested in making it'.

This may be one that would work for the exterior portion of the AV snorkel!

Maybe we could piece it together!

mantec_snorkel_def.jpeg

pdxkevin said:
Here is a pretty detailed step-by-step home made snorkel. I don't like the final look.

I want it to look more professional.

I agree with you on this, it doesn't look too professional at all, it just looks like some PVC piping hanging out the side of the fender, further more it doesnt go very high. Besides A snorkel is supposed to be at the height of the roof for full functionality. One snorkel that I remember offhand is the one that was on the GMC suburban in the movie Dantes Peak. If I could get one like that, it would be cool. (y)

That's the one. ;D That is on BADA$$ UAV >:D.

Well, I talked to ARB yesterday, about the snorkel for the AV, and he said that there never will be a snorkel for it, just because there isn't enough demand for it, and no one is willing to let them cut holes in their truck for R&D. :C:

-James.

You don't have to cut a big hole!!! I'm having the design patent before releasing the Images of an AV SNORKEL. Images will come soon!!

joseph

Back