• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

More POWER!

amtg4u

I have a Radix Supercharger, Headers, Magna Flow exhaust, Air Intake, Shift Kit and am happy so far but I guess I am getting board and have started looking at going a little further.

Am I going in the right direction with a 3" pully and 1.85 or should I go with a larger pully and 1.65 Rockers.

What works with this 5.3L?

Maybe I am not understanding your approach but would you not be looking for a smaller pulley?
I put the SLP 1.85 rockers in and would not do it again. Did not get very much if anything for my money.
If I had some coin to spend (when I get working again :E:) I would install the Flexalite electric fan set up.

And I think (key word,,meaning it is an opinion) that anything after that I would have to seriously look at upgrading driveline and tranny.

I have the stock 3.4" pulley (at least I think that is what came with the Radix Supercharger) From looking at the various posts the 3.1" pulley seems more common than the 3"
At the moment I am running 6lbs of boost and a reduction in Fuel pressure appears not to be a concern with this adjustable Kenny Bell Boost a Pump.

I agree with Sparky, in that you should start upgrading your stock drivetrain components, i.e. driveshaft, tranny, driveline, and even your axles. With all the boost that you already have those parts have got to be under some major stress. So before you split your axles or blow your tranny by adding another 50HP, make sure your truck can take it. (y)

-James. :cool:

You need to be concerned about detonation if you run too much boost. I was also told by several gm mechanics that the stock motor would start blowing seals if I ran over 9lbs on a regular basis. I had a hell of a time getting the tune right to be able to hit 8.5 on the high end. Some also told me to run the alky/water injection system to attempt to get more boost by keeping the detonation down but the jury seems to be out on this one.

amtg4u said:
Am I going in the right direction with a 3" pully and 1.85 or should I go with a larger pully and 1.65 Rockers. What works with this 5.3L?

I agree with most of the posts here you are putting a sh*t load of strain on the trany ect..

If you increase the pully size you must change the ALT for sure upgrade your Electrical

Also have you thought of NOS

with all that power did you upgrade your brakes?

It's also possible to get an increase of HP if you change your crank shaft fan to
Flexalite Fans

Have fun! :B:

the flex-a-lite fans do add some power to the AV.... I have not dyno tested my AV but from the claims and the SOTP meter I am guessing about a 17 HP increase from fan mod..... however I strongly suggest electrical upgrades along with this mod....

Grey

Back