• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Poll for Accomodations for Southern Regional

Which place would you prefer to stay?

• Option 1

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dsw7311

SM 2004
SM 2003
This is the information TexAvfan found out for us please make your choice.

Option 1

Goodnight Inn - 24270 US Hwy 87 South ?
Ph 800-654-7350

Rates ? 35.00/night for king bed up to 2 people 40.00/night 2 beds up to 4 people

2 Family sized rooms ? 70.00/night ? sleep 6 ? 8 people bedrooms with Queen and double beds.

Ask for Parul. Mention the Avalanche Club and get your reservations early ? will hold 12 to 15 rooms until the 1st of August.

Option 2

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
CANYON
2901 4th Avenue
CANYON, TX 79015
Tel: 1-806-6554445
Fax: 1-806-6554445
Email: holidayinncanyon@arn.net
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

79.00 ? 2 queens ? per night

Contact - Lora Hunter

Amenities

* Indoor Pool
* Pets Allowed
* All Rates Include Free Breakfast
* Whirlpool
* Government Rates

Hotel Features

* 66 Guest Rooms
* 17 Suites
* 58 Non-Smoking Rooms
* 43 Double-Bedded Rooms
* 2 Single-Bedded Rooms
* Suburban
* TX1821 FEMA Property Number
* 3 Floors

Personal Services

* 24 Hour Front Desk
* A/C Public Areas
* Dry Cleaning/Laundry
* Express Check-in/Check-out
* Free Local Phone Calls
* Ice Machine
* On-site Guest Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
* Safety Deposit Box
* Vending Machine
* Wake Up Calls

Business Services

* Copying Service
* Executive Floors
* Executive Rooms
* Facsimile Service

Parking Information

* Complimentary Parking
* Open parking lot, lighted

Local Information

* Golf within 2 MI/ 3.22 KM
* Shopping within 1 MI/ 1.61 KM
* Tennis within 1 MI/ 1.61 KM

Attractions

* Panhandle Plains Historical Museum (1 MI/ 1.61 KM )
* Palo Duro Canyon State Park & Texas Legacies (8 MI/ 12.87 KM )
* Discovery Center (18 MI/ 28.97 KM )
* Wonderland Park (23 MI/ 37.01 KM )
* Public Golf Course (2 MI/ 3.22 KM )
* Fire Water Water Park (20 MI/ 32.19 KM )
* Sports World (10 MI/ 16.09 KM )

Option 3

?Buffalo Inn - 300 23rd St. - Ph 800-526-9968
Rates are 55.00 ? 70.00 per night
Not enough parking or rooms for sure.

This one is not really an option.

option 2 sounds great. what would the possibility of them lowering the rate a tad more, providing we get enough to vote for option 2

Holiday Inn Express (y)
I travel for my job 3 weeks out of every month and the Holiday Inn is a good value IMHO ;)

We may be bringing our small dog Rudy with us. If we do we will stay in a Red Roof Inn or days Inn as they are usualy the only ones who will accept small pets. If you find out differant let us know.

Butch

OOPs, I just read that the Holiday Inn Express DOES allow Pets, anyone know about the other option?

Can someone in the area verify that the Goodnight Inn on US Hwy 87 South is a decent place? I mean I know some of the lower end motels around here seem to be temporary housing for the low income! It does not have to be a 4 star hotel but at least be safe and clean. How many rooms does it have and how soon should we book a room? We are retired and not making any money yet from the Swing ?N Load so saving a few $$$ is always important to us!!

Butch

Other board? Why what are you talking about? ;D

Butch

Butch, I stayed in the Goodnight. I considered it clean and safe, but it is most definitely NOT 4 star. It's old, but fairly well maintained. Don't know for sure, but I suspect that after the "Texas" show ends in August, there will be plenty of room at all the motels.

ImpactAV said:
Butch, I stayed in the Goodnight. I considered it clean and safe, but it is most definitely NOT 4 star. It's old, but fairly well maintained. Don't know for sure, but I suspect that after the "Texas" show ends in August, there will be plenty of room at all the motels.

You lost me, what Texas show ends in August?

Butch

Thanks SciFi.

I could be mistaken, but I got the distinct impression that the show is the main attraction there. It ends in August. I know the motel rates go down after that (and the Goodnight closes the pool). Based on that, I figure availability will not be a problem. (and they will probably be thrilled to have us!)

I notice that yesterday the poll was 5 to 4 in favor of the Goodnight. Today it's 5 to 5. Could this be a trend?

On the other board it has been suggested to go with the Holiday Inn unless there are any posted objections. That's fine with me.

Any other thoughts here?

$35 VS $79 Per night, I will go with the GoodNight Inn! You say it is clean and looks safe, that is all I require to save a little money :eek:

Butch

Has everyone made their reservations?

On the Holiday Inn website Holiday Inn they have an internet saver rate of $74.66 for 1 queen bed (2 people max). Someone should probably call the HOI and ask if they can swing us a better rate and perhaps lure some folks from some of the other hotels.

I'd be interested to know how many people plan on camping. I would like to spend 1 night in the park just to break in the AV tent.

I have a reservation at the HOI for two nights, just in case I decide not to pitch the tent.

Back