• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

how to burn out??

04avZ71

the other day i was trying to burn out in my av, so i put it in 2 high, put it in neutral, revved it up, and slammed it into drive and all i get is this little squeek. i know this car can burn out SOMEHOW because of its power, but just how do you do it? ???

neutral drops are a sure way to kill your tranny quick, if you want to do it just nail the gas or maybe hold the brake and gas it. The second way isnt the best either but better then dropping it in gear :cautious:

04avZ71 said:
the other day i was trying to burn out in my av, so i put it in 2 high, put it in neutral, revved it up, and slammed it into drive and all i get is this little squeek. i know this car can burn out SOMEHOW because of its power, but just how do you do it? ???

If you are dropping it into 2nd gear you are making a mistake right there! 2nd gear from a stop will actually take off in 2nd gear, NOT first! it is programed to do that to allow extra traction is icey conditions!

Butch

I know an AV owner who was doing that, reving it and dropping in gear.
You would have thought a grenade exploded but it was his rear Differential. He ended up in 4 high to limp off in Front wheel drive.........

yeah. neutral drops are not a good idea. the reason your AV does not burn out the way you want while in drive, like a sports car for example, is because of TM. or, Torque Management.

to eliminate TM you could use the DiabloSport Predator Programmer. not only will it defeat TM, but allow for a bunch of other modifications as well. read here... Predator

Torque Management is designed into the Avs PCM as a protective measure for your transmission primarily, and the remainder of the driveline secondarily...

The Predator programmer and others will not eliminate TM, although the Predator removes more of it when compared with other hand help programmers. If I remember correctly the Predator removes about 30% of TM... :cautious:

If you are serious about performance from the Av, you will need to bolster the transmission and drivetrain...

Then get custom PCM tuning, This can/will remove 80 to 100% of TM...Westers PCM is one way... (y)

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

here is arguably the best source, LS1 edit... (y) (y)

http://forum.ls1truck.com/

In the mean time...remember the Av weighs over 6000 pounds...attempting to do "burn outs" is a surefire way to end up disabled on the side of the road...but if you insist...at least use a little bleach and water pit to lighten the load...oh...and take pics so you can remember what your Av looks like while it's in the shop being repaired... :eek: :eek:

why don't you just go buy your self a sports car to do burn outs. Dropping your car in drive with the pedal to the floor, thats a dumb idea :E:

I CHNGE said:
Torque Management is designed into the Avs PCM as a protective measure for your transmission primarily, and the remainder of the driveline secondarily...

The Predator programmer and others will not eliminate TM, although the Predator removes more of it when compared with other hand help programmers. If I remember correctly the Predator removes about 30% of TM... :cautious:

If you are serious about performance from the Av, you will need to bolster the transmission and drivetrain...

Then get custom PCM tuning, This can/will remove 80 to 100% of TM...Westers PCM is one way... (y)

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

here is arguably the best source, LS1 edit... (y) (y)

http://forum.ls1truck.com/

In the mean time...remember the Av weighs over 6000 pounds...attempting to do "burn outs" is a surefire way to end up disabled on the side of the road...but if you insist...at least use a little bleach and water pit to lighten the load...oh...and take pics so you can remember what your Av looks like while it's in the shop being repaired... :eek: :eek:

Westers PCM's will eliminate TM. and he is correct about the Predator. it retunes TM to the "tune" of about 30%. i stand corrected.

i have to ask... why this on an AV? repeated abuse of the drivetrain under the weight of the truck could cause catostrophic failure of something.

PUNISHER said:
i have to ask... why this on an AV? repeated abuse of the drivetrain under the weight of the truck could cause catostrophic failure of something.

Repeat that in Hard Wheelin' >:D

My Av burns out with no problem,stock 5.3 engine, 4.10 rear end, maybe you should have your's checked............... (y)

I like to put the nose up to something really big & strong like a mountain, California redwood or my wife. This holds me nice & steady while I smoke the tires. ;) ;D

I used to just burnout on my driveway until I broke a couple windows from rocks that were kicked up (gravel driveway). I also liked doing it on rain-soaked roads (y).

-James. :cool:

I just turn the wheel to the right a little, mash the pedal and voila, big beautiful black circles.(white smoke tooo) ;D

T-roy said:
I like to put the nose up to something really big & strong like a mountain, California redwood or my wife. This holds me nice & steady while I smoke the tires. ;) ;D

Now THAT was the funniest thing I've read on this board......EVER!!!

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Test drive a Corvette or SSR ?

Back