Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/30/14 01:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to burn out??  (Read 44931 times)
whitethunder

WWW Awards
« Reply #25 on: 07/19/04 09:40 PM »

the other day i was trying to burn out in my av, so i put it in 2 high, put it in neutral, revved it up, and slammed it into drive and all i get is this little squeek. i know this car can burn out SOMEHOW because of its power, but just how do you do it? Huh

For true burn out pleasure I think you may want to get in touch with he who slays the Dragon!

Last time he Did a burn out i was behind him and that was during the winter and i'm still peeping little bits of rubber off the front end!

Standing neutral drop - very bad

brake stand better choice but with out some minor tweaks you may have to find a teee or wall to light them tires!  

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab!
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 07/20/04 01:23 AM »

i say trade the AV in, get a 'Vette, get a Corsa, and press number 4 in the link...

Burn Out
« Last Edit: 07/20/04 01:24 AM by PUNISHER » Logged

AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC
JustMove (aka Mini-Yak)
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER...HATE THE GAME!

WWW Awards
« Reply #27 on: 07/20/04 01:31 AM »

I just put the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's on my Av....I don't think I'll be doing any burn outs!!!

'02 Z71 Wrecked....RIP
'07 LT3 Black on Black
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurtg8/
Wvusquatch
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #28 on: 09/01/04 04:35 AM »

Well you can always do the Prince Fu-Fu burn out!  Just spray some armor-all on the rear tires and then have some fun!  Prince perfected this method at the Hotlanta GTG.

Squatch

Please do not send me a PM, as I can not reply to you.
Wvusquatch

Awards
« Reply #29 on: 09/01/04 04:36 AM »

I just put the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's on my Av....I don't think I'll be doing any burn outs!!!

Great tires, have had mine on for about a year!  I will tell you add some rain and they will break lose if you have had any programming changes to your avalanche!

Squatch

Please do not send me a PM, as I can not reply to you.
OviedoAv
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

DougyD wants to give me a hug!

Awards
« Reply #30 on: 09/01/04 05:00 AM »

Well you can always do the Prince Fu-Fu burn out!  Just spray some armor-all on the rear tires and then have some fun!  Prince perfected this method at the Hotlanta GTG.

Squatch

Hey, that's some funny crap, right there Grin  BTW, he swears he didn't do that Huh Wink
TNAV

How About those RED SOX!

Awards
« Reply #31 on: 09/01/04 11:51 AM »

Hey, that's some funny crap, right there Grin  BTW, he swears he didn't do that Huh Wink
hahaha I was right there when he did it Shocked
Chevalanche
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

Louisiana Chapter Mascot

Awards
« Reply #32 on: 09/01/04 11:54 AM »

Test drive a Corvette or SSR ?
test drove the SSR.....................WOW!

2005 Dark Blue Mettalic LS. 20" GM wheels, sunroof, assist steps, vent visors, bug sheild, trailer hitch,lights in both storage compartments,underhood light, with  no stabilitrak and with  homelink transmitter.
Alaska_AV.
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: 09/01/04 11:12 PM »

I managed to do a 4 wheel burn out in my AV. I used no liquids or dirt to do this. Approx 4 feet of roasted rubber Shocked

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
Alaska_AV.
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #34 on: 10/09/04 03:33 PM »

I was waiting for someone to call BS and demand a pic dissappointed

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #35 on: 10/09/04 03:41 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

It's a good thing tires are cheap  banghead
suthrncop66

Awards
« Reply #36 on: 10/09/04 07:22 PM »

Try some 13 inch tires

'02 2500  updated mods, down to a 6 inch Fabtech lift with 37 inch Coopers, remote resevoir shocks, Warn 9000i, on a Stealth Off-Road, Sony HU, Hifonics Zeus 1600 watt amp, Hifonics Europa 400 watt amp, US Amps 800 watt amp, Kove 10 inch subs in midgate box, Hummer rims with BFG All Terrains, Suurco Roof Rack, Ram Air hood with intake, Crane Programmer, Maglight Mod, Rear Bumper cupholder.
BIGRED_Z-71

-=BIG-RED=-

Awards
« Reply #37 on: 10/10/04 05:07 AM »

With my engine mods and computer... I just push the pedal to the floor and she smokes them for a few feet... or I can hold the brake and give her full gas and oh yeah kiss my xterrains goodbye!

~BIGRED

Full Traction 9.5 Lift, Eagle Alloy Rims Wrapped In 35" Yokohama Geolanders M/T+, Billet Hitch Cover, Flame Antenna, Chrome Grille, Gas Cap, Painted Crossbar, Chrome Bowtie, Smoked Head Lights, Red Carbon Fiber Dash, White Face Indiglow Gauges, USA Flag Tint, PreRunner & Lights, Custom Painted Engine Bay, K&N Filter, Hypertech, Hornet Alarm & Remote Starter![/]
Prince_FuFu

Awards
« Reply #38 on: 10/10/04 06:15 AM »

hahaha I was right there when he did it Shocked

I've never been completely surrounded by tire smoke like before.
That was fun.
We need pictures and video next time.

Rob

Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb
bjkirk

A Foster Child is the best mod a family can have!

Awards
« Reply #39 on: 10/10/04 11:57 AM »

Reading this makes me want to be a tire salesman.
    Last time I burned out I was 18 years old showing off for a couple of young ladies. The trooper a couple of cars behind me was not impressed. He didn't even like my explanation  veryveryangry . What hurt the worst was the two young ladies laughing and waving as they drove away while the trooper pulled me over.   dissappointed

2002 Base Model Blue bought July 14 2002
  Mods; Back seat headrest, Amber DRL,
Pioneer NAV SYS 900 DVD, shortened gear shift lever to allow motorized Nav screen to open, backup camera mounted in the tailgate bezel, added front dash console to bench seat f/ NAV unit, dark Lexan to opening in dash console, added blue Neon and Strobe behind lexan. Added Fact. Assist Steps. Added Metra 70-2002 Fact. Amp Bypass. Hitch recvr spot Lite, US Flag decal on Bowtie. Enkie's 4 fender cladding pieces.
Airwolf

My other ride

Awards
« Reply #40 on: 10/10/04 12:13 PM »

I'm wondering about something...

Some have said that their AV burns out easily and some complain theirs won't.  Mine is one of the latter.  I have the G80 locker.  I would love to know by response here whether that might be the reason some will and some won't?

2002 4x4 2500 Sunset Orange Metallic, all options.  Mods: Xlerator muffler with duals out the back, Bedslide.
BIGRED_Z-71

-=BIG-RED=-

Awards
« Reply #41 on: 10/10/04 01:49 PM »

Some of it is engine mods. The biggest problem is that chevy installed an abuser on our trucks. It makes it so the truck get cut of power off the line. I guess they figured you shouldn't be putting that much stress on a truck this big. I'm sure somebody who knows what I'm talking about can fully explain what I'm trying to say... somebody help me.  dead

~BIGRED

Full Traction 9.5 Lift, Eagle Alloy Rims Wrapped In 35" Yokohama Geolanders M/T+, Billet Hitch Cover, Flame Antenna, Chrome Grille, Gas Cap, Painted Crossbar, Chrome Bowtie, Smoked Head Lights, Red Carbon Fiber Dash, White Face Indiglow Gauges, USA Flag Tint, PreRunner & Lights, Custom Painted Engine Bay, K&N Filter, Hypertech, Hornet Alarm & Remote Starter![/]
Airwolf

My other ride

Awards
« Reply #42 on: 10/10/04 02:03 PM »

We all know about Torque Management on our AV's.  And I know that some have performance modifications.  What I'm wondering is that it seems some stock AV's can "burn rubber" while others cannot and wondered if it might have something to do with having a G80 locker or not.  Or is it something else?

2002 4x4 2500 Sunset Orange Metallic, all options.  Mods: Xlerator muffler with duals out the back, Bedslide.
Airwolf

My other ride

Awards
« Reply #43 on: 10/10/04 02:07 PM »

I have the 2500 with locker and while the acceleration from stop is quite exhilerating, I almost never smoke and barely chirp the tires.  The voodoo mod made no discernable difference either.  If it's not G80 locker related, then is it possible that the level of torque management varies from truck to truck from the factory?

sparky
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna try sumthin'

Awards
« Reply #44 on: 10/10/04 03:10 PM »

How to Smoke:
Take 5.3. add K&N FIPK, high flow exhaust, tog headers, supercharger, SC tuner
Mix well with Transgo shift kit.

That will smoke every time in first and squeal the tires going into 2nd  

Actually it is sometimes a PITA, like yesterday.. Thewre was a little rain and I had to take it VERY easy with my right foot.

Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

02 blk Z71 Born 06/01 K&N Gen2, HF flow exh., drop kit, cladding paint, Cargopro, TOGs, Whipple S/C, Whip tuner, ramair hood, Stripeman Z71, 20" Epic Blitz, 22" Players, Stull grl, custom BT, JVC 12 disc cd, spoiler, sunvsr, sail window, SLP Rockers, much more..
PictureTrail Gallery
MrBill
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #45 on: 10/10/04 08:54 PM »

2500 with 4.10's. I have a hard time not spinning them. Give it a little more than normal gas and this thing fly's. Sorry guys I got this truck to tow and it is wonderful. Side benefit is you can feal 18 again. Now if they just make tires that are not $145 each.

BTW Everything is stock for now.

p.s. I did notice that after towing the trailer for a few hundred miles the transmission must reprogram it self. The truck goes like a rocket.

NRA Life Member, Disabled American Veteran, CAFCNA Member #95
Airwolf

My other ride

Awards
« Reply #46 on: 10/10/04 09:17 PM »

2500 with 4.10's. I have a hard time not spinning them. Give it a little more than normal gas and this thing fly's. Sorry guys I got this truck to tow and it is wonderful. Side benefit is you can feal 18 again. Now if they just make tires that are not $145 each.

BTW Everything is stock for now.

p.s. I did notice that after towing the trailer for a few hundred miles the transmission must reprogram it self. The truck goes like a rocket.

My 2500 also has 4.10's.  Does yours have the G80 locker?  Mine tears away from a stop quite nicely, but never with more than a chirp.  I'm not complaining about the power in my truck by any means, but I find it curious hearing about others "smoking the tires" in these things and would love to know if the differences among us are related to having a locking differential, different torque management levels, or ?

MrBill
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #47 on: 10/11/04 07:31 PM »

Don't really know what the diff might be. I know my 2002 with 3.73 and locking differential ate tires. Now I know that this one will too. I tried to make a right turn and put the peddle into it, the wheels started to sping and the truck was starting to go sideways. Had to let off the gas. maybe the air in the tires, soft vs hard, maybe some are programmed different at the factory. Anyone have idea's? It's nice to know you can spin them, but most of the time it is just a pain.

NRA Life Member, Disabled American Veteran, CAFCNA Member #95
BADAV

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #48 on: 11/17/04 10:24 AM »

I Know this thread is already dead but goin in reverse and slammin it in drive is just as bad a nuetral drops (alaska_av) so becareful doin that too.
  I had an 02 with all the lifts listed and 35's so there was no such joy for me smokin the tires but my 05 av will atleast spin them goin around corners but straight hole shots TM kills it. But I am puttin 6 inchses of lift and 35's on this weekend so even those days will be over soon.  Wink

05 red Av. Procomp 6"lift, Procomp series 1079 rims with BFG 35x12.50 17 Mud TA's, Skid plate,  Tripple shock kit for front (removed the middle shocks due to clearence issues), Patriotic Decals, and Sport Tent.
bekind

I love my Chevy Tahoe and the Avs of course!

Awards
« Reply #49 on: 11/17/04 11:05 AM »

I think for those of you whom are having trouble spinning the tires, try flooring it around corners.  Works everytime for me.  Especially on the stock GYs with 40k miles on them.  I did however just switch to the BFGs and am still able to get a little slipage, but not as much...

~bekind

2002 Chevy Tahoe Z-71 Summit White, 5.3L

mods: Taylor Thundervolts Wires, drop in K&N, bug deflector, vent visors, twisted t-bars, Sylvania Silverstars

1988 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0L, 200k miles, Off Road Package
*purrs like a new truck!*

1999 Yamaha TTR250 - Bored out to 325
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: