Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 04:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to burn out??  (Read 46059 times)
04avZ71

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

WWW Awards
« on: 06/20/04 09:21 PM »

the other day i was trying to burn out in my av, so i put it in 2 high, put it in neutral, revved it up, and slammed it into drive and all i get is this little squeek. i know this car can burn out SOMEHOW because of its power, but just how do you do it? Huh
Pat353

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 06/20/04 09:25 PM »

neutral drops are a sure way to kill your tranny quick, if you want to do it just nail the gas or maybe hold the brake and gas it. The second way isnt the best either but better then dropping it in gear  Undecided
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 06/20/04 09:30 PM »

the other day i was trying to burn out in my av, so i put it in 2 high, put it in neutral, revved it up, and slammed it into drive and all i get is this little squeek. i know this car can burn out SOMEHOW because of its power, but just how do you do it? Huh

If you are dropping it into 2nd gear you are making a mistake right there! 2nd gear from a stop will actually take off in 2nd gear, NOT first! it is programed to do that to allow extra traction is icey conditions!

Butch

WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06/20/04 09:31 PM »

try reading here

or here

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
Alaska_AV.

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06/21/04 01:00 AM »

I know an AV owner who was doing that, reving it and dropping in gear.
You would have thought a grenade exploded but it was his rear Differential. He ended up in 4 high to limp off in Front wheel drive.........

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06/21/04 01:47 AM »

yeah.  neutral drops are not a good idea.  the reason your AV does not burn out the way you want while in drive, like a sports car for example, is because of TM.  or, Torque Management.  

to eliminate TM you could use the DiabloSport Predator Programmer.  not only will it defeat TM, but allow for a bunch of other modifications as well.  read here...  Predator

AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC
I CHNGE
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Always Modding the Mod !!!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06/21/04 04:40 AM »

Torque Management is designed into the Avs PCM as a protective measure for your transmission primarily, and the remainder of the driveline secondarily...

The Predator programmer and others will not eliminate TM, although the Predator removes more of it when compared with other hand help programmers.  If I remember correctly the Predator removes about 30% of TM... Undecided

If you are serious about performance from the Av, you will need to bolster the transmission and drivetrain...

Then get custom PCM tuning, This can/will remove 80 to 100% of TM...Westers PCM is one way... thumbs_up

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

here is arguably the best source, LS1 edit... thumbs_up thumbs_up

http://forum.ls1truck.com/

In the mean time...remember the Av weighs over 6000 pounds...attempting to do "burn outs" is a surefire way to end up disabled on the side of the road...but if you insist...at least use a little bleach and water pit to lighten the load...oh...and take pics so you can remember what your Av looks like while it's in the shop being repaired... Shocked Shocked

'04OnyxBlackZ71-4.10G80
Ordered11/05/03Born11/24/03Adopted12/15/03
XP-797BlackSpy18X9+325/60/18 Nitto T/Gs
Rancho Lift- w/9000XL shocks
Dual YellowTop Batteries
Strobes-FTAmbers-All4+FogOnHigh-885Fog-
PIAA 9006+PRO 80XT+60XT
SamcoHoses-Bumper+TailLightGuards
NFabNerfs-VRBars-Chrome AMP FuelDoor-DiamondPlateSteps
PlatinumCluster-AVICN1-BackUpCam-& more...
Just Do It!
DeepRiverOnt

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06/21/04 04:07 PM »

...oh...and take pics so you can remember what your Av looks like while it's in the shop being repaired... Shocked Shocked

Good one Grin

04 Avalanche Z71 Dark Metallic Gray PDH WBH 4:10
Mods: Draw-Tite front receiver hitch, aux TOC, Amber DRLs & Bridgestone Revo's
VB-02
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

I love my blue 2002 Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06/21/04 04:11 PM »

thumbs_up  idea
Avialanche
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 06/21/04 07:25 PM »

Neutral drops are a real stupid thing to do, might as well smack the transmission's guts with a sledge hammer banghead
« Last Edit: 06/21/04 07:27 PM by Avialanche » Logged

2004 DGM 2500 4x4 Fully Loaded, Z85 Off-Road PKG, 4:10's, 33" Tires, 3" Body Lift, Strobes, 4300K Low Beam HIDS, 4300K Fog HIDS, Deep Sump Finned Trans Pan, Hitch Electrical Plug Relocated to Bumper, Wait-For-Me-Performance Tune, Y91 Luxury Navigation System with Aux DVD Player/TV Tuner, Rear DVD Player, Tint, Iridium Plugs
Mdz66

I love my 1st and only Z-66 Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06/21/04 07:37 PM »

Yeah what he said

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors
Z71HESSS

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 06/21/04 07:39 PM »

why don't you just go buy your self a sports car to do burn outs.  Dropping your car in drive with the pedal to the floor, thats a dumb idea banghead

2003 Victory Red Avalanche Z71
vawhitez66
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

PACH 5/21

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: 06/21/04 07:45 PM »

Down boys  Wink

I think the poor guy got the point after about the fifth person.  Roll Eyes

2002 Summit White, 1500, "SS" Z66, FTADRL, Flowmaster 50's dual exhaust, billet grill, Blue undercarriage neon,Factory amp bypass, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" components, headrest mod, interior lights mod, remote tailgate lock, painted engine cover, 3" BL, Things to come: 35's, painted cladding, truck-puter, ??
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 06/21/04 07:50 PM »

Torque Management is designed into the Avs PCM as a protective measure for your transmission primarily, and the remainder of the driveline secondarily...

The Predator programmer and others will not eliminate TM, although the Predator removes more of it when compared with other hand help programmers.  If I remember correctly the Predator removes about 30% of TM... Undecided

If you are serious about performance from the Av, you will need to bolster the transmission and drivetrain...

Then get custom PCM tuning, This can/will remove 80 to 100% of TM...Westers PCM is one way... thumbs_up

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

here is arguably the best source, LS1 edit... thumbs_up thumbs_up

http://forum.ls1truck.com/

In the mean time...remember the Av weighs over 6000 pounds...attempting to do "burn outs" is a surefire way to end up disabled on the side of the road...but if you insist...at least use a little bleach and water pit to lighten the load...oh...and take pics so you can remember what your Av looks like while it's in the shop being repaired... Shocked Shocked

Westers PCM's will eliminate TM.  and he is correct about the Predator.  it retunes TM to the "tune" of about 30%.  i stand corrected.

i have to ask...  why this on an AV?  repeated abuse of the drivetrain under the weight of the truck could cause catostrophic failure of something.
« Last Edit: 06/21/04 07:51 PM by PUNISHER » Logged

AVALANCHE PICS
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 06/21/04 07:58 PM »

i have to ask...  why this on an AV?  repeated abuse of the drivetrain under the weight of the truck could cause catostrophic failure of something.

Repeat that in Hard Wheelin'  

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 06/22/04 03:47 AM »

Repeat that in Hard Wheelin'  

good point!! Wink

AVALANCHE PICS
Chevalanche
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

Louisiana Chapter Mascot

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 07/13/04 11:32 AM »

My Av burns out with no problem,stock 5.3 engine, 4.10 rear end, maybe you should have your's checked............... thumbs_up

2005 Dark Blue Mettalic LS. 20" GM wheels, sunroof, assist steps, vent visors, bug sheild, trailer hitch,lights in both storage compartments,underhood light, with  no stabilitrak and with  homelink transmitter.
T-roy

May I have 10,000 marbles, please.

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 07/13/04 11:45 AM »

I like to put the nose up to something really big & strong like a mountain, California redwood or my wife. This holds me nice & steady while I smoke the tires.  Wink Grin
« Last Edit: 07/13/04 11:45 AM by T-roy » Logged

2003 red cladded Z-66. Amber DRL's, Maglight mod, traction control switch mod, rear headrest mod, hardwired V1 radar detector, K&N air filter, Red bowtie, brake calipers, tow hooks & engine cover.
james21

What Do You Do With Your AV

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: 07/13/04 12:01 PM »

I used to just burnout on my driveway until I broke a couple windows from rocks that were kicked up (gravel driveway). I also liked doing it on rain-soaked roads thumbs_up.

-James. Cool

Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.
ashadiow

Big Black and moving you up out the way!

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 07/13/04 12:02 PM »

Left foot on brake.  right foot on gas.  smoke ALLLLLL DAY

ashadiow's 2500 Z85 Heavy Duty

Current Mods:
- Black Bowtie - HPP3 - K&N Drop In - Flowmaster 40 series duals - Full Time Amber DRL's - 4.10 Posi rear end - Extinguisher in the saddle compartment - Silverstar High beams and fog lamps - Deep tint all the way around - Z85 Heavy Duty Decals - White cargo tips - bedliner step pads - Kumho MT834's

Mods on the way:
- Rear Wheel spacers (correcttrack) - no slip surface on center console - Charcoal Cabin Filters - 4 fender mod
Chevalanche
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

Louisiana Chapter Mascot

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 07/13/04 12:41 PM »

I just turn the wheel to the right a little, mash the pedal and voila, big beautiful black circles.(white smoke tooo) Grin

2005 Dark Blue Mettalic LS. 20" GM wheels, sunroof, assist steps, vent visors, bug sheild, trailer hitch,lights in both storage compartments,underhood light, with  no stabilitrak and with  homelink transmitter.
jonboyNY
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

I got no teenage rims.

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 07/19/04 06:24 PM »

neutral drops above 1500 rpms= kiss your G80 goodbye.

2003 5.3L Z71, 4.10 Rear, Black Fully Loaded.
Mods to date: Pro-Dyno Intake, JBA Cat4Ward Titanium Ceramic Headers, Corsa Exhaust with 6.0L Muffler, SLP 1.85 Rockers,Taylor Thundervolt 50's, 160 Stat, SLP Tuning, HID's Driver & Fog, Flex-A-Lite Fans 282. Full black tint on all windows with light tint on windshield. De-decaled the Z71 off. Carriage works polished grill and polished bowtie.
StrobinAvalanche

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 07/19/04 06:32 PM »

We need a video or a pic of this.  Wish I could do this burnout.
TitaniumFryCook

Happy Fourth!

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 07/19/04 09:06 PM »

I like to put the nose up to something really big & strong like a mountain, California redwood or my wife. This holds me nice & steady while I smoke the tires.  Wink Grin

Now THAT was the funniest thing I've read on this board......EVER!!!  

Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 07/19/04 09:09 PM »

Test drive a Corvette or SSR ?

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: