• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Radio Help

1BadPig

In my 2004 AV I have a XM radio with free 3 months service. I just set it up last week and all I get is channel names, no artist name or song title display. I called XM and they said everything was working fine. I read through the owner's manual... it is of no help :E:. Anyone know what's going on?

Also my radio has a "CD/AUX" button... anyone know what the auxulary is for? I was hoping to find an input jack so I can patch in the sound from my portable DVD player through the radio... I cannot find any type of input.

Unlike RDS, XM doesn't scroll (at least mine doesn't). To see the artist and the song title you have to press the RCL button that is underneath the power button on the radio.

There is no inputs for addtional add-ons on a stock head unit. However it is pretty easy to add an adapter that adds misc hardware or RCA type jacks. Check out Soundgate.com or PIE.net for GM compatable adapters

Hope that helps
AvDad

To see the artist and the song title you have to press the RCL button that is underneath the power button on the radio.

that's how you do it :0:

thanks for the info....

sending a little :love: your way ;D

Glad to help. Thanks for the :love:

XM absolutely rocks (and rolls) :cool: Be sure to check out Deep Tracks, Fungus X, the Comedy Channels and America Right (or Left if you are so inclined). Lots of cool stuff.

AvDad

My xm radio use the round channel selector, when pushed in for a good 2 secs, the song title and artist appear, or talk show name and host. Xm is to radio as color is to television. Rocketbob

Back