• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Superchips question???

bonedog

SM 2004
I have a question for other Superchip users.

I have been getting a trouble code lately so I thought I would take her to the dealership to see why. I returned her to stock the night before which of course cleared the trouble code. Ok, its been 3 days now with the stock tune and the trouble code has not come back. Is it possible that the Superchips alone would cause the trouble code and there is nothing else wrong? I have had the Superchips in since November and never had the problem before just recently. Any help will be appreciated.

Bonedog

BTW: Trouble code is P0157, Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2. Possible causes according to Tech II: Vacume Leak, Sensor Short To Ground, Bad MAF Sensor Flow, Condinsation In Sensor. I have done nothing to the rig recently except change my plug wires over to MSD 8.5mm. Everything else has been on my truck for over 8 months with no problems.

Hi BD

I get the same light on occassion. I think it's from the Dynatech cat maybe not doing the same job as the stock cat.

kw

Thanks Redshift. So I basically can just leave the light alone and clear it everytime it comes up? Just live with it right? Nothing is wrong with the rig just the proformance mods making the PCM screwy?

Thanks for the info. Especially from someone with the Dynatechs

Bonedog

Right, there is nothing you need to do except clear it. It happened several times on mine and then went away. I replaced the O2 sensor but it still did it. The second O2 sensor has nothing to do with fuel adjustment. The computer looks for a different reading compared to the first O2 sensor. That way it knows the cat is actually doing something. It's strictly an emmissions check.

kw

Back