• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Loud climate control fan over drivers seat

SDI-CEO

Had my '04 Z71 1500 for about 2 weeks & 1400 miles now and love it...

Only ocmplaint is the loudnes of the intake fan directly over the drivers seat. I understand it samples the air for the auto climate control...

How loud are these devils 'posed to be? With the radio up, you can't hear it. Turn the radio off and it makes more noise than a computer case fan.

Normal?

Thanks!

Jeff

Mine has been doing that from almost day one. Now that my rear window frame has cracked I will be taking it in to get both items fixed. Sometimes mine is quiet and other times it is pretty annoying :3:

No I don't think it's normal.

Not normal....should be silent all the time.

I have a 2002 with the same issue/problem. I'm really glad you started this thread because I just assumed it was a normal condition.
It seems the higher my setting on the fan the louder the noise is, however the noise is very audible through out the truck. Does any one know what would cause this to happen. Better yet if this is a warranty issue and how long will I be without my vehicle to rectify the problem ? I ABSOLUTELY hate being without my AV for any extended period of time :8: :8: :8:

Get it replaced....

Many threads on this...and many have gotten it replaced...

Good luck

Guess it's my turn to get this problem.? It started making noise yesterday.? Annoying as hell.? ?:rolleyes: :E: :7:? Does anyone have the part number and a pic of this fan (aspirator)?  I've searched through other posts on this, but did not find either.

Mine has been doing it since the day I got it. Is there any way to just unplug it or pull the fuse? I never use the auto climate feature anyway.

Back