• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Summary of 2004 Midwest Regional Ideas

jnspur

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
These are the main suggestions I have so far. We have some ideas to hang out in a city and see the sights, and some to cruise from state to state. I didn't get too many replies on how much time you'd all like to spend, so I am guessing the Friday thru Sunday suggestion is good? If anybody wants to add to these let me know by ASAP and I will set up a poll so we can vote on them.

Places we could hang out for a weekend...

Missosouri-
Branson, Missouri I know there is stuff to do here, but nobody posted what!

Indiana-
French Lick, Indiana Loads of scenic roads, covered bridges, state parks and an amusment park all very close. Caves, off road trails, golf, horseback riding, a lake, a spa etc.

Nebraska-
Royals ballgame (Omaha), Kearney Archway, Pioneer Village (Minden), Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer (Grand Island),
SAC Museum (Ashland) just to name a few.

Wisconsin-
Wisconsin Dells, House on the Rock, Avalanche, Wi

Weekend Cruise GTG...

Nebraska-Kansas-Missouri-Iowa
starting in Omaha, NE, you can cruise through NE down to KS, across the river to MO, back up through IA and to Omaha for about a 250 mile trip, with several interesting local sites to visit along the way.

Iowa-Minnesota-South Dakota-Nebraska
Sioux City, IA / Sioux Falls, SD where you can get SD, NE, IA and MN in an easy drive, and Dubuque, IA

Illinois-Indiana-Michigan-Wisconsin
Several different versions for a tour around Lake Michigan

Wisconsin-Minnesota-Iowa
Main gathering in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Day cruises to Mall of America, Riverboat gambling on the Mississippi, or looking at the scenery (and old barns and covered bridges???) in NE Iowa.

I think we should decide on what weekend first. Then we can find if there is anything special going on at any of the suggested places. This way we could decide if we either want to attend or avoid! I do better in the spring or fall than in the very hot part of the summer.

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
I think we should decide on what weekend first. Then we can find if there is anything special going on at any of the suggested places. This way we could decide if we either want to attend or avoid! I do better in the spring or fall than in the very hot part of the summer.

Butch

Butch, maybe you can help me out with that. The dates first might be the way to go. Since the Canada/US Niagra Falls thing is in the beginning of June, I think we should wait untill at least the end of June (25 - 27?). July will be getting hot and August will be hotter, so I just don't know! I think the end of June offers the most choices, because the weather will be the coolest.

Hey All,

What happened with this GTG? I just found this post because i usually just go straight to the Iowa forums. I know Jen has beenbusy with her remodel, and if any are like me, have been battling this stinkin' weather we have been getting. I have never been able to make it to a GTG and hoped this might be my next chance.

I am not sure what there is coming up in Iowa; memorial day has come and gone, I know most of the lakes in the area are flooded. 4th of July in a month, but is going to get hot.

Yea, I hear Jen has been also workinga TON of overtime........maybe she will spring for our mods! >:D Another member started a new thread about a Regional Meet HERE.
We need to do something but I am planning a big trip out west in September to attend the Southern Regoinals in Texas and then on to California for the MEGA MEET.
Like Yoshie says the humidity is SO high around here! July and Augest will be to hot for us to do much outside so I do not know where that leaves us! We are getting in a 4th of July parade, if some of you want to attend that it is a MIDNIGHT PARADE! You can check the Indiana thread for details.

Butch

jnspur said:
These are the main suggestions I have so far.
Iowa-Minnesota-South Dakota-Nebraska
Sioux City, IA / Sioux Falls, SD where you can get SD, NE, IA and MN in an easy drive, and Dubuque, IA

What about North Dakota?? We still have as many or more Nukes than most 3rd world countries!! And now we have lots of AV's up here, but since we have to rely on the "pony express" for information, it just takes a little longer for us to get the word out!!

Crossroads Village & HuckleBerry RailRoad should make the list, Halloween and Christmas they light it up so I hear. We have no kids but have been meaning to visit for years and it's not really expensive.

Back