• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hauling An ATV

J

jim_johnson

Howdy. I'll be buying a 1500 4x4 with in a week. I'm so excited I can't sleep! ;D

I own an ATV that is 48" wide and want to haul it. It would fit if the bed cover "tracks" didn't stick out so far. Any suggestions?
Any advise on options?
I live in the Phoenix Metro (Gilbert) area.

Buy a new 4 wheeler???

Not much you can do but unbolt them if they are unboltedable...is that a word?? :rolleyes:

JJ
Have you actually tried it, I thought my sportsman would fit, but havent actually tried it yet. Then again I aint crazy about trying to run the thing up some ramp onto the truck, Alot of people have slipped off ramps with a quad.

We have a 2002 traxter 400.

Haven't tried loading it yet. The Av is still @ the dealer. Would going with a soft cover make the "tracks" go away, or is a trailer the answer?

I personally would find a cheap trailer rather than risk getting hurt or messing your Avalanche up. I bought a nice trailer (Just needed paint) a couple of years ago for less than $400.00 I don't think a brand new one costs a whole lot. It all depends on how big a trailer you need, but you could get buy with a light weight trailer.

I have a 99 Grizzly...not sure if it's going to fit....

I have to give it a go....should be interesting...tape measure says it's very very close...

I do love the treadmarks on the bed mat though....

Hard to believe this thread is 12 years old  :eek:

Back