Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/01/14 12:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/4 mile times.  (Read 12258 times)
inSaNE iRIsH

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 10/21/03 08:52 AM »

Ok, so here’s a question, I am trying to decide specifics to order my AVY…if my plans are to lift it, put 33-inchers on, and use it for drag racing & offroading…it will be a 4x4

1)what setup would you recommend ordering? 1500 or 2500?  Which engine? Which final gear ratio? Etc

2) what mods for power…looking for 12-13 seconds as economically as possible without totally destroying reliability & street drivability

thanks
OviedoAv
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

DougyD wants to give me a hug!

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 10/21/03 11:39 AM »

I have just one word to say...[glow=red, 2, 300]BIG BLOCK[/glow]...oh wait, thats 2 words
tbyrne

WWW Awards
« Reply #27 on: 10/21/03 07:50 PM »

I'm also surprised you tore up a few sets of gears already. How do you launch at the track?

I'm probably going to be taking some 1/4 mile runs tomorrow if it doesn't rain. My 8.1 Suburban dynoed 407hp/558 ft-lb last week so hopefully the 4.10s will live through that Smiley

Tom
« Last Edit: 10/21/03 07:51 PM by tbyrne » Logged

Breedlove

Rock on Brothers!

Awards
« Reply #28 on: 10/28/03 12:24 AM »

Hey 11h, do you think the 3.73's will be ok with 35 inch tires?  Obviously I will need to change the exhaust and such for more power so that it doesn't bog down.  I love playing in the dirt, but on the freeway I love punching the gas.  Thanks again (as always) Breedlove

2001 with 6" Fabtech lift, KMC HD rims-17x9.5, 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MTs, Hypertech III., Full time DRLs/NRLs, Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 w/dual tips.  More mods to come....
11H
« Reply #29 on: 10/28/03 07:21 AM »

Hey 11h, do you think the 3.73's will be ok with 35 inch tires?  Obviously I will need to change the exhaust and such for more power so that it doesn't bog down.  I love playing in the dirt, but on the freeway I love punching the gas.  Thanks again (as always) Breedlove

No they will lug badly in the lower RPM's and speed ... (If you have the 1500 avalanche) ... You'll need the 4.10's ...

11H
ChevyAV2003

#$^%$@! Me Love Chevy Avalanche! #$^%$@!

Awards
« Reply #30 on: 10/28/03 08:04 AM »

This is my own 2cents. so take it or leave it. I had a '01 silverado ext cab with the Small v8 block in it ( Which i traded in for my AV Smiley ). off the line it was definately quicker than my '03 AV z71 (lighter truck of course). Now note both of these have a 3.73 rear end in them. I do notice though as has been mentioned that when I hit around 27-30 range that it kicks it up a notch and really starts flying. I can maneuver it to do it sooner or later depending on how I hit the gas off the line or while rolling. Both of these trucks are pure stock with no mods. Of course as also mentioned there is alot of back end to the AV pickup and to push. So the 4.10 would be the better at getting it off the line.  Of course this is loosley based on what I have seen and what I understand to be true. Since I do not possess the full technical garbal of understanding it all, do not quote me on this.

Thanks

me

marc_w

Torque manage THIS!

Awards
« Reply #31 on: 10/30/03 09:08 AM »

Johnny, what brand gears are you runnin?  Stock GM stuff???

I don't know though...  Aside from a diesel, it's gonna be real hard to convince me 4.10's aren't better than 3.73's.  Especially in a small block that likes to rev.

'02 Z71 TRADED IN, for a Black '04 Silverado SS.  Mods: TR55's, MSD8.5's, B&B cat-back (duals), drop-in filter, HP Tuners, E-fans w/DC controller, stainless brake lines, custom spec'd alignment, VHP 047 (210/218 .531/.531 112), 918's. To be installed this decade: Yank 2600.
jonboyNY
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

I got no teenage rims.

Awards
« Reply #32 on: 10/30/03 08:19 PM »

Well LOL. the gears are stock GM stuff. Ask around do research, talk to the pros. 3.73's are THE BEST OVERRALL gears, they are stronger then 4.10's period. Just ask GM.

4.10's will launch you faster to a certain degree, but I am willing to bet I can launch a truck with 3.73's just as fast as the 4.10's.

All I am saying, all the big dawgs who do major work to these kind of big trucks would rather have 3.73s then 4.10s for future longevity.

And I can tell you personal experience which I REALLY HATE about the 4.10's. Once your up to 65-70 miles and hour and you punch it, it drops to 2nd I believe, you feel the truck move, but its STILL SLOW.
I tried with the 3.73's...NOW WE TALKING A PUNCH. I took my truck past 120.....the truck is a fat pig LOL with the 4.10s....the 3.73s are a dream.

Thanks.

2003 5.3L Z71, 4.10 Rear, Black Fully Loaded.
Mods to date: Pro-Dyno Intake, JBA Cat4Ward Titanium Ceramic Headers, Corsa Exhaust with 6.0L Muffler, SLP 1.85 Rockers,Taylor Thundervolt 50's, 160 Stat, SLP Tuning, HID's Driver & Fog, Flex-A-Lite Fans 282. Full black tint on all windows with light tint on windshield. De-decaled the Z71 off. Carriage works polished grill and polished bowtie.
whitethunder

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: 10/30/03 09:11 PM »

I guess it's a matter of personal choice and deciding what you are trying to accomplish.

If you trying to go for pure accelaration the 3.73's would be my choice but if you are going to be going off road and towing then the 4.10's are the logical choice.

It's great to see so many people enjoying the Avalanche.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab!
DragonSlayer1

DARE TO PLAY...

Awards
« Reply #34 on: 10/30/03 09:35 PM »

LMFAO !

G. Cool

03 2500 4X4 Black,TOG,Valanca body kit, K&N Gen2, 20wheels,2" wheel spacers,full front billet grill,custom Lit Bowtie,custom airbrush paint for the AVALANCHE "SS"lettering in silver/purple and grey,custom interior paint work,overhead light switchs(10 in all),blue lights all around,flashers,strobes,checker plate all around incl. cargo covers,cargo box covers , Custom Dual exhaust ,full detailed DRAGON air brushed on gate ,dropped & leveled, and More...
whitethunder

WWW Awards
« Reply #35 on: 11/21/03 03:18 PM »

LYFAO Huh

DragonSlayer1

DARE TO PLAY...

Awards
« Reply #36 on: 11/21/03 03:24 PM »

Yeah, L"M"FAO"

The 5th. is coming fast Ira, not fast enough

G. Cool Wink

03 2500 4X4 Black,TOG,Valanca body kit, K&N Gen2, 20wheels,2" wheel spacers,full front billet grill,custom Lit Bowtie,custom airbrush paint for the AVALANCHE "SS"lettering in silver/purple and grey,custom interior paint work,overhead light switchs(10 in all),blue lights all around,flashers,strobes,checker plate all around incl. cargo covers,cargo box covers , Custom Dual exhaust ,full detailed DRAGON air brushed on gate ,dropped & leveled, and More...
whitethunder

WWW Awards
« Reply #37 on: 11/21/03 03:31 PM »

thumbs_up  Wink
if you keep L"Y" FAO you wont have any "A" left to sit on!!!
 Cool

I'm looking forward to the 5th as well. I told YAK you and I would have a Orange Juice toast on him and send him the bill.

ha ha ha

Flyer7717

Back in Black

Awards
« Reply #38 on: 01/12/04 05:29 PM »

Shocked
« Last Edit: 01/13/04 12:19 PM by Flyer7717 » Logged
russellisabel

Awards
« Reply #39 on: 08/30/10 05:53 PM »

i dont really know what to make of this debate, I had liberty gear send me a 4.11 set up that looked way beefier than my stock gm gearsets, and im procharged with alky meth injection, mad boost ect. dynoed previous set up at 525rwhp and now looking at more than that with recent mods.. will know in a few days after finishing dyno runs and this AV runns in the 12's on 4 micky tomp 26 inch drag raid"s the 4.11 made the best combo for me and i've had zero issuses to date.  Huh the only way I would really know would be to dyno two av's with the same power(say same year same engine same weight and tire size) on a dyno one with 3.73 and one with 4.11 how ever thats my 2 cents

2006 Z71 LT loaded, procharged,3 core intercooler,4L80E raptor transmission conversion,yank 3300 stall,transgo shift kit, new 4.10s, slowhawk tuned, 22" ave wheels, cowl hood, dual flowmaster exhaust, long tube headers,EBC cross drilled rotors with stainless brake lines. meth injection, Procharger,15lbs boost, intake ,cam,custom intake and wiring harness. 565RWHP + 480RWTRQ with dyno sheets to back it up!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: