• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CO AV Club Decal

Blueruck

Folks I am talking with Tribal about creating a 4 1/2 logo for our back windows that would call out the Colorado Chapter of the AV club.

I saw logo's from other clubs when I was in San Antonio and thought it would be a good idea for us.

Larry is going to post some logo's for us to vote on - I will take care of paying for the logo's and have them sometime at a GTG for everyone.

So watch this thread :)

Wow, that would be GREAT to have a CO club decal for the back window (y).

It's looking like we're going to have to replace our back window under warranty (hopefully) as the the trim has a great big crack in it :(.

Once that is done, there will be a new naked back window in need of a decal :).

Tribal AV said:
3 to choose from

avcoloradologo.jpg

let me know :B:

OK Guys - let's vote - We will call these A, B & C - left to right :)

As for Colors - Tribal can do several colors, but we need to ensure that the color is visable against the tint of the back window. Tribal has priced me a single color decal - when you go to multi colors the decal gets a lot more expensive. I would prefer we stay with one color.

I will withhold my vote for later :B:

I agree - I think the one on the left would stand out better on tinted window if we were going to keep the white background. I would choose the 3rd one if the background were clear - the white would stand out better against the tinted glass on the rear window.

Let us know?

Steve

I agree. I definately like "A" better. It will stand out good. On sort of the same topic, is there a new decal for the CAFCNA? Jimmy had some of the old decal and we briefly talked about a new one. Has anyone heard anything about it? But back to the topic, I definately like "A". What a great idea!!!!

Hello all, just dropping a couple of lines letting yall know I think the decal that Tribal AV came up with is sweet. I agree with most of you on the standing out part. I would say that #1 would look the best. Nice Decal guys/gals.

I'm new too but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I agree with everyone else, I like 'A' the best. As far as color I'd like a nice dark green to go with my dark metallic green Av.

glamborn said:
I'm new too but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I agree with everyone else, I like 'A' the best. As far as color I'd like a nice dark green to go with my dark metallic green Av.

Glamborn - Tribal and I talked about Green - but it wouldn't show up very good on the back window where most members put their decals because of the tint.

Folks - I am giving Larry the green light to produce 30 of graphic A - Since CO plate colors are Green and White and I explained above why Green won't work good, I am going to ask for white.

... Since CO plate colors are Green and White
Green and white plates - did I pick up the wrong ones again ;) I have maroon pioneer plates on mine.

Awesome - Let me know when you get them and how much they are. I think white is the best color choice - goes with everything and will show up well. Maybe we can have them for the next GTG...

Hey fellow AVers Tribal AV just created a couple of designs for the Oklahoma chapter as well. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind jumping over to the OK page for a minute and telling us what you all think looks better. Much appreciated.

Hey Colorado!

We, the SOM Nation, are trying to come up with a logo of our own, and we'd like to use the Mountain logo is some form. Is there anywhere we can get that logo in a clean form? Thanks for the help.

Hey Colorado!

We, the SOM Nation, are trying to come up with a logo of our own, and we'd like to use the Mountain logo is some form. Is there anywhere we can get that logo in a clean form? Thanks for the help.

Tribal AV was the one who created the club decal at Blueruck's request... you can check with him for the mountain part of the logo.

Thanks for the redirection! I like your decal/logo, but I would like ours to be different... ??? Who knows what we'll end up with.

Stay warm and Thanks again. ;D

Well, the new back window arrived and the first thing I did was put the club decal back there :). I could see why a lot of people said it was tricky. Right as I was trying to line up the decal, it stuck right away and there was nothing I could do because letters were sticking to the window when I was trying to fix it.

The result is that the decal is a little crooked but otherwise, it is VERY nice (y). With the sharp contrast between the white of the sticker and the dark tint of the window, it really looks great.

So does anyone else have any crooked CO club decals ;D?

If I decide to go back and try this again, the thing to do is blow a hair dryer on it to take it off, right?

Thanks Blueruck and TribalAV. This was a great idea.

We're leaving for Pennsylvania to see family and meet up with the NEO and Buffalo, NY chapters. I hope everyone in the chapter has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (y) (y).

*BUMP*

I've been thinking of asking this and since hearing that TribalAv has to sell his Av I thought we could order up another batch of CO AV Club Decals...

How many people already have a decal?

How many want to get one or more decals for their Av?

I'll find out from Blueruck and/or TribalAv on how many were in the original order and see if we can't get some more for the new people in the group.

I already have a decal, don't need any others for me (yet). Got mine at the D & B GTG. Others, that should also have at least 1 decal are:

Blueruck (duh, but I thought I should list everyone)
MeanGreenAv
Castle_Rock_Av
_gadget_
Mr&MrsBurton
TX-CO-Z71 (Gary has since moved back to TX)

Thanks, Chuck.

-Joe

JoeSpicoli said:
I already have a decal, don't need any others for me (yet). Got mine at the D & B GTG. Others, that should also have at least 1 decal are:

Blueruck (duh, but I thought I should list everyone)
MeanGreenAv
Castle_Rock_Av
_gadget_
Mr&MrsBurton
TX-CO-Z71 (Gary has since moved back to TX)

Thanks, Chuck.

-Joe

Yeah that's everyone I figured has one... I got my decal from Ivan (aka gadget) I was thinking more along the lines of the new members like Chris. I've contacted Blueruck and he's going to send me the decals he has left (white) and I pm'd TribalAv about another possible order... he offered chrome decals for $6 each (y) incase you want to upgrade. >:D I just wasn't sure how many are left.

Back