• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Memorial Cruise Goo929 Aug 29-Sept 1- The Report, The Pics, The Fun!

WS6Y2K

Charter Member
Looks like we had a good turn out last night. About 16-17 Av all parked side by side. Time to get up and go for day 2 :) I am sure someone will have pictures up later today.

So Far so good, Since this will more than likely be a big thread will start everything here. (y)

To all C.A.F.C.N.A. and A.C.A.,

My family and I are so thankful that you'll made it today. For those who couldn't make it, we understand. At least we know Pete (Goo) is still in all your hearts. We are so happy that Pete had friends like you'll. He had great times cruising with you'll. I'm sorry that I didn't thank you'll at the cemetary. It's just that I know I couldn't speak because I couldn't hold back the tears. But I just wanted to let you'll know that you'll are such amazing people. My Grandfather calls you'll "Good Hearts on Wheels". Which I know is the absolute truth.
Whenever my uncle Pete would go cruising with you'll, he'd tell us "It is so cool, you know having so many people looking at all these Avalanchers having a good time!" He would always show us pictures from all the cruises. I would always tell Pete to take me with him, but he would say "No, because you have to go to school, and you can't be missing out!" But hey, on some weekends Pete would take me cruisin' downtown or on Military, and it was so much fun, 'cause Pete's AV would be so much louder than any other ride out there! We would even shake some cars with the system, so sometimes we'd have to turn it down. And the Purple Neons, now those were off the hook! But I had so many great times with my uncle. And well, I'm glad to see that he had such great times with you'll. So thanks for "EVERYTHING", you'll have done and given us. We appreciate "EVERYTHING"! Thanks for today and for lunch. It was fun. Wish we could've stayed for them Jell-o Shots! ;) But you'll keep in touch now. Email: kristinaboo5@msn.com
Remember one thing: "Don't wait to say something until tomorrow, for tomorrow may not ever come!" Once again thank you and God Bless to all! :love:

-Kristina Sauceda
and
Family
In Loving Memory of Pete Sauceda A.K.A. Goo929
He's Gone, but Won't Ever be Forgotten! :B:

Kristina & Family

I wanted to say thank you from the Gang in SA - it was so nice to have Pete's Family and extended truck family to come together. It was very touching to talk with the family. It was a drive to come down from Colorado, and every mile was worth the drive.

Hilda and I are greatful to meet Pete's family.

Now for the Jello Shots - well watch the thread and wait for the stories all I can say is we missed the 1st part of the parking lot party and the 2nd half was crazy - Our Black Lab is now in Love with Robert - who has the pic's :)

It was great meeting the gand and nice to see the AV family come together to help Dave with his alternator problem - A class group!!!! Now let's get those pic's posted :)

Krisitna,
It was good to see you and Pete's parents and family there today. We all enjoy you letting the rest of us share Pete and his memories with you. It is always good to leave on a good note, and Pete has so many good notes stored up he will never run out.
I know it was touching for many of us this weekend, and Pete and Goo's name was brought up on many occaisions. He was watching over all of us today, not only the ones present today, but all those who participated in club events and CAFCNA web site activeties throughout the world.
Pete will always be a co-pilot with each and everyone of us everytime we stick the keys in our AV's

We miss you Pete and its because of you that I have met so many new and good dear friends.

Yes! I have a dead beached White Whale sitting in the parking lot of the Motel 6 here in San Antonio that needs an alternator.
And not available from AutoZone and the dealers are closed until Tuesday. I am going to pray to the NAPA and Oh Oh Oh'reily gods tonight in hopes that they have one in stock for me in the morning so I can go back home. The 100+ temps today took their toll on the truck today.

Well did you find an alternator Dave?

Man that's gotta suck. I feel for ya man! Hope you got to enjoy at least part of the GTG.

Well I know that Pete was right there beside each and every one of us. It was nice to see all of you'll. And Pete would be so proud of you'll. Working together is the key! :B:

-Kristina Sauceda

chad2fw said:

Man that's gotta suck. I feel for ya man! Hope you got to enjoy at least part of the GTG.

Report from the Motel 6 Vetman and Edward just stopped by and told me Dave is fixed and we are all running down the the Riverwalk for lunch

signing off

chad2fw said:

Oh yes having a blast here. Gandolphxx had another alternator, but alas it was the wrong size for my truck. I checked on line early this morning and O'Reilly Auto Parts had a Delphi (AC-Delco)(factory new) ULTA Brand which is the same as the factory one, just has a lifetime warranty as opposed to the AC-Delco 1 yr. $150 bucks, a 15mm socket, several dozen AV members watching on ( I am sure there will be a pic posted with my rear hanging out of the front of my truck :rolleyes: ), and she is ready to get back on the road. Getting ready to meet everyone here in a few down on the river walk for lunch. Will post pics when get back home this afternoon. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Jack, I gave Richard the other alternator. Thanks anyway.

Blueruck said:
Report from the Motel 6 Vetman and Edward just stopped by and told me Dave is fixed and we are all running down the the Riverwalk for lunch

signing off

Dave is fixed and you are going to lunch? Oh the humanity! >:D :2:

ok 10 post and no pictures :? Sorry I had to miss the jello shot party. We are now in Dallas for a couple of days and then back to houston tomorrow.

Great to see everyone again. Next time we will need to have name tags to match our Av's.

I had a great time on this cruise for the short period of time I was there. I've been pretty sick lately and was just not up to speed yet. The heat down near the San Juan Mission just about finished me off. I apologize to anyone who thought I was a little grumpy down there. I was well on my way to overheating at that point. The temp guage in my rearview miror read 111 on the way out.

We started off the morning at Smith Chevrolet. From there we proceeded to Goo's grave. That was a very somber, emotional moment for everyone. It was a little sad, but for the most part we were rejoicing in the memory of our good friend and how he touched our lives. We all seemed to feel him there with us. The weather was beautiful. Afterwards we headed to the parking lot were the group photos were taken. Then on to the restaurant for lunch. After lunch we headed to San Juan Mission.

I headed out shortly after that. I arrived at my In-laws house about 8pm, took a shower and went straight to bed. Feeling a bit better today.

Anywho...enough of my rambling....on to the pictures!

Click here for the pictures

Hope you all had a great time!! ;D

I had a shot of Byronitis. We had a server fall over Friday and didn't get it back up until late Saturday. So no leaving town for the Bruno. No worries, I drank a few beers in your name! >:D

Beautiful Pictures, Byron!

-Kristina Sauceda

Bruno said:
Hope you all had a great time!! ;D

I had a shot of Byronitis. We had a server fall over Friday and didn't get it back up until late Saturday. So no leaving town for the Bruno. No worries, I drank a few beers in your name! >:D

That stinks dude. You were missed. Hope the crash was not too bad.

Mdz66 said:
Hey Guys, It took me an hour to look at all the awesome pics. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Thanks. It was a great time.

My pics were just a 7 hour caption of the whole event. I was there from 9am-4pm Saturday. When everyone returns home tomorrow there is bound to be a ton of pictures posted on here detailing the whole weekend.

As Soon as I can get them downloaded off my camera i will start posting them here. I made it home ok Dazed_Dave called to say they made it back home safely, Mitchell _Duncan should be home to Terrell in another hour or so. The rest of the gang will be departing from SA tomorrow.
We had a mod party this afternoon before it started raining.
We took a cruise today thru the Zoo, and all the parks where Goo loved to cruise. We all had a great time.

We had a great time. Kristina we love you and your family. Tks for making the cruise with us crazy A.V. folks. Be glad you missed the parking lot party. I did not feel well at all yesterday. Heavy head. Wow it is all your fault Richard. Rob said he did not feel bad. RIGHT... Blue it was so good to see you and Hilda. We will have to make a trip to see you'll. Can not wait to see more photos. Glad all had a safe trip home.

Fellow AVers,
I just wanted to say thank you for the great pics. All of you were in our thoughts all weekend. We would really wanted to be there in person, but we were there with you in spirit. Take care and cruise safely.

Texascwgrl

Let you know Blue is home

Rolled in at 6am MDT - 16 hrs witha quick 30 min nap - I checked and the AV had a 2300 mile cruise this weekend :) Man I was freezing when I got home - still wearing shorts and it was 40 at the house this AM.

See ya guys on Tues - got to pack and head out in 3 hours for the airport - damn work

Just got in a little while ago.
Had a great time as usual.
Trying to get the pics downloaded now,
but since I had some problems with the camera over the weekend 'm not holding out much hope. :E: :E: :E: :E: :E:
Only consolation is that there was plenty of picture taking goin' on.
Maybe even when there shouldn't have been. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks everyone for making it a fun weekend.
Thanks to Richard and Ed for helping with the mods.
Gotta think of what else I can mod. >:D
And no Ed, I'm not ready for the neon glow just yet. :rolleyes:
It'll have to grow on me like the sportwing did. ;)

Vetman.
p.s. It was great meeting ya blueruck. Hope to have the chance to party with ya again sometime. (y)
Oh, and JJ and Texascwgrl, I had a couple extra Fosters just for you guys. ;)

Blueruck said:
Let you know Blue is home

Rolled in at 6am MDT - 16 hrs witha quick 30 min nap - I checked and the AV had a 2300 mile cruise this weekend :) Man I was freezing when I got home - still wearing shorts and it was 40 at the house this AM.

See ya guys on Tues - got to pack and head out in 3 hours for the airport - damn work
Mark was great meeting you and Hilda and of course "killer" Hope you have a safe trip the next two weeks and see you on line. I still plan to make it up to Colo soon.

It looks like it was a great time!

Mark (Blueruck) kindly asked me if I wanted to go with him (which of course the answer was that I wanted to go) but it just didn't work out :(. I wish I could have been there.

Blueruck - we just got back from being in your area on 285 thinking we were way too early to see you :). It looks like you got up here pretty darn fast.

Back