• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What about superchips?

03NHAVY

Hi,

I've seen a lot of messages on here about hypertech and diablo programmers, but what about superchips?

I don't think i've seen one person on here with one, and they seen to be a pretty good system. Something about tuning adjustable at 200 rpm increments.

Also, how do you get a custom chip or programmer, one that gets rid of the torque managment system.

I was a ford person until 2 months ago, and the first thing i noticed was the lack of low end torque compared to my 5.4.

Thanks for any responses, i'm very new to this site and am gettin anxious to start modding.

I seem to remember reading that the Superchip doesn't work with the Avy. If I remember right it messed up quite a few of them here. Anyone?

You may want to do a search for threads on them.

BTW... Welcome to the club.

I have the 2715 superchip tuner in my '03 AV. Works perfectly. Extremely easy to use, and tunes at all speeds not just at wide open throttle, so you can get peppier everyday performance. It removes the speed limiter and raises the max rpm, also changes shift points and shift pressure and accounts for different tire sizes. Also reads and clears trouble codes and has a program for towing performance. If you are going to buy a Superchip, only buy the 2715 model. Earlier models caused problems, but this is a new trouble free design. Does more than the Hypertech and costs a little less. ;D

I was just on their web site and thats one mean AV!! I am now SERIOUSLY considering this instead of the HPIII. I need more everyday driving tuning not just WOT. I still am trying to grasp the fact that HPIII only works at 85% or above throttle and also who needs there truck to go to 128 in 3rd gear? I live in NJ I would never see this anyways. The Superchip seems better cause of that 200 RPM tuning and also starting from 1000 RPM up. Plus it has three tunes instead of 87 or 91 octane AND it reads the trouble codes. Seems it does ALOT more than HPIII and its about 30 dollars cheaper.
HMMMMMMMMMMM..............

:B: -Bonedog- :B:

Back