• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2006 z71 shock/ Blower motor resistor/ speed sensor questions

notacos4u

Alkut, Iraq FOB DELTA The Fob of Choice, Who'
I entered my vin into my local Chevy dealers website and searched for which shocks to get. It gave me the ones for the Z71 option, (BILSTEIN) : K159(36) 'OFF ROAD' CHAS PKG(Z71), which mine is, but it also had listed a premium ride shock absorber (CODE T69) : C159(36) PREMIUM SMOOTH RIDE CHAS PKG(ZW7), and a smooth ride. One of my questions is what is the difference between the 3. If I get the premium ride, how will it effect my ride seeing how I have the Z71 package. Will it be better or worse. I'm not real worried about the off road aspect as the furthest this things goes off road is across the lawn.

2. I have the blower motor resistor issue, ie; fan stays on even with key removed. Does anyone have a part # they are buying to replace it? I am looking at rock Auto and they have a bunch of different options and I don't want to buy the wrong one and have to get another one.

3. I also have the grinding, hesitation on take off with the traction active light coming on. My question is, should I just replace the hub while I'm in there seeing as how it comes with the speed sensors and it appears that's what causes the issues anyways.

Look forward to getting everyone's advice. Thanks

notacos4u said:
2. I have the blower motor resistor issue, ie; fan stays on even with key removed. Does anyone have a part # they are buying to replace it? I am looking at rock Auto and they have a bunch of different options and I don't want to buy the wrong one and have to get another one.
Did you ever get it fixed? I now have same issue and have encountered what you did.

Back