• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lights Issue

stevensmith2859

Good afternoon all! 

Has anyone else ever experienced the cargo light indicator in the gauge cluster coming on for about a second when they turn on their interior reading lights? ( The push buttons on the roof)  Mine does, it will only do it once though, when the truck is on, after that, no matter how many times I click on the reading lights, the cargo light indicator doesn't come on in my dash, that is until I turn the truck off and restart it.  It did it with the old cluster and its still doing it with the reman'd cluster. Any ideas?

My cargo light indicator comes on for a split second when my wife flips open the vanity mirror on the passenger sun visor and its lights come on.

I'm the original owner of my 03 and I believe it's always done that and hasn't seemed to be a problem after 13 years and nearly 300K miles.  I wouldn't sweat it.

Was there not a TSB for this way back 2003 to 2005?

stevensmith2859 said:
That I couldn't tell ya.  I bought mine used in the summer of 2014.

that does not matter TSB means Technical Service Buletin and covers common issues found in vehicle.
See below and bring to local dealership and they will repair (for fee) per TSB which should fix issue.

Attachments

• SnipImage.JPG
    SnipImage.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 50
Condition/Concern:
A customer may comment that the Cargo lamp indictor turns on briefly when the dome or glove box lamps are turned on.

Recommendation/Instructions:
To correct this back feed from ckt 149 to ckt 1732 a diode must be installed in ckt 149.

On Full Size Trucks, use SI Document ID # 870692 and install diode part number 12112422 in ckt 149 between the cargo lamp and I/P Relay Block C3 terminal "D".

On Avalanche and Escalade EXT, use SI Document ID # 1247803 and install diode part number 12112422 in ckt 149 at connector C390. Connector C390 is located on the right side of the right rear window latch, behind the rear upper garnish molding (See SI Document ID # 803557).

Note: The diode must go between the 2 wires from the cargo lamp and the 2 wires to the switch and TBCM.

Additional Note: Install the diode so the silver band on the diode is towards the TBCM reference voltage side.

Back