• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated Seat Pressure Sensors??

plips_2002

Hello all, did some searching but didn't find anything so here I go....

I have an '05 Z71 with all the bells and whistles. It seems like my heated seats only come on if I am sitting in them. I am going to test that theory today to be sure but I just though I'd ask. I cant find anything about sensors in the seats to register if someone is sitting in them or not. I know the passenger seat has one for the SRS, so I assume the driver seat does too. I know it never had a remote start put in and it would be nice to start it and also have warm seats in the morning. Any thoughts on this one guys? If it is attached to a pressure sensor is there anyway to bypass it without jacking up the SRS system. My wife has an '07 Saturn Vue and hers come right on with the switch, she doesn't have leather like I do but that shouldn't matter I would think. Again all, thanks.....

No there's not a person presence in the seats for the heated seat. Once you turn the truck off they turn off and you have to manually turn them on again

I guess that one way of doing it, gotta try it on the next pizza run.

Good idea for pizza lol, mine must be weird, they just don't seem to be very warm until I've sat in them for a bit

MS03 2500 said:
No there's not a person presence in the seats for the heated seat. Once you turn the truck off they turn off and you have to manually turn them on again

X2

I have a remote start on my 02 but it is a PITA to remotely start the truck then still have to come outside to manually turn the seats on every time. I  also tried hooking the seat up to my remote start last winter using one of the auxiliary leads from remote start unit so that I can have a button on my remote to turn the seats on and off. I succeeded in getting the LED next to the heater button to light up as if the button has been depressed and the warmer was on, but I never really followed through to see if the seat warmer actually turned on or not before I moved on to another project.

Sadly the truck has not seen much use so far this winter as my winter tire budget was blown on the girlfriend's Audi tires. Since the Avalanche still has my 24" rims and summer tires, I have resorted to not driving it a lot. Not that I don't think it can't still handle some snow (after all I drove it all of last winter with same wheel and tire combo), but rather because my wheels went through hell with the salt on the roads last year requiring me to have them refinished earlier this year. I'd rather not go through that expense again.

Back