• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear view mirror readout

shep262

I have an "02" Z-71 with the comp/temp buttons at bottom center. Since I have had the Avy the comp side of the mirror has never given me a read out with MPG or miles till empty and honestly I don't know if it even has that capability. The compass and temp has always seem to be correct and if I push and hold the temp button for 5 or 6 sec I can toggle between F and C and calibrate the compass. If I tap the comp button it shuts off the compass/temp readout and if I hold it down for 5 or 6 sec I get a Z with a # below it and then by tapping the comp button I can scroll thru numbers from 1 to 15. Any ideas what this controls ? ?

That how you set the Zone your in across the country..

Look in the owners manual for what Zone your in and set it accordingly..

no mpg readout on 2002.
only temp and compass.

no DIC just the little orange square in cluster to tell you certain things all covered in manual

shep262 said:
ygmn dudes don't read  :rolleyes:
but you read this thread???

Heck here is link toonline manual wehave stored:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/resources/2002/owners_manual.html

Randy said:
That how you set the Zone your in across the country..

Look in the owners manual for what Zone your in and set it accordingly..
I didn't know this... now I have something new to try  :B:

It's one of the things the deal will set when taking delivery before putting on the sales floor/lot...

If the vehicle changes zones in it's life then the compass will be off a little.. Also just traveling across the county it will be can be off a little, probably not enough so you would know it or cause it to read the wrong direction, maybe just a few degrees off..

Back