• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

No Hi or Low Beam Headlights

billyalexander

Sorry if its already been addressed, I searched and found lots on no lo beams but nothing on both not working.  DRL's working fine.

So, it's a 2006 1500 Avalanche and I have no low beam or hi beam lights as of about a week ago.  I've read the threads about no low beams and I wonder if maybe my light switch has either lost ground completely or malfunctioned in some way.

Billy Alexander

You can find the ground locations here.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,103136.0.html

Attachments

• 0306headlights.GIF
    0306headlights.GIF
    64.4 KB · Views: 36

Attachments

• 0306headlights.png
    0306headlights.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 37
So in reading other threads about this issue one recurrent finding was the tilting of the steering wheel for some would make the lights come on or off.  I went out this am and sure enough tilting the steering wheel up resulted in my headlights(hi and lo) working just fine :D  So that would imply a wiring connection that is intermittently bad and point away from a bad multifunction switch.  I've seen some posts of those who fixed it by indeed finding a couple of bad connections up in the steering wheel connector for the multifunction switch.  Just wondering if this is a known/common problem that others have encountered as relates to what exact wires/connections were bad and also I remember a thread where a Chevy mechanic said he didn't take the steering wheel off, he just removed the covers to gain access, anyone remember that post/thread?

Billy

Back