• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Going for an EFI tune and looking for input.

Submariner

So next week will be setting up an appointment for an EFI Live tune. I have a 2011 Z71 Avy (With the G80) and mods are:
Volant CAI with PowerCore Filter
Gibson dual cat back system straight out the back with a Magna Flow muffler
5" RC Lift with 34" tires. (The larger tires did not have much of an effect on the performance which was a pleasant surprise)

Currently am running a Bully Dog GT Gas tuner set on Performance and running 93 octane fuel. I'm aware this is a very heavy pig I'm driving (it's my 3rd Avy) so I do not expect a rocket off the line nor do I expect a tire shredding monster but I would like to be able to easily show the guy/gal challenging me at a light my taillights.

Tuner wants to:
1. Go for a run with the Avy on the Bully Dog tune
2. Put Avy back to stock then go for another ride
3. Down load the stock tune and see what he can do from there
4. He also wants to try to crack the Bully Dog tune to see what it is really doing behind the scenes

My plans are for him to do a Perf tune to include
Firm up shifts
Adjust shift points appropriately
Remove Speed Limiter
Remove as much TM as he can without risking drive train failure
Remove throttle delay
Remove AFM
Adjust for the 34" tires

Would be nice if it was able to remove the Traction Control/StabiliTrac
Going to have him set the tow haul to a tow tune (is there such a thing)
Anything else that an EFI tune can do I should consider or anything I should ask the tuner?

Submariner said:
Going to have him set the tow haul to a tow tune (is there such a thing)

What are you looking for in the tow tune?  In first-gen AVs it is pretty limited to transmission parameters.

I have a 30' TT I setup as a seasonal but do pull if it needs work. Other than that I tow nothing heaver than maybe a trailer with a sled or two or a cord of wood so 99% of the time no towing but I do need that ability for that 1%. If you have a better idea I'm open to it.

Back