• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated seat issue-Please help! 09 Av

Nacademus

Hi everyone,

I have a weird issue going on with my heated seat. My passenger side seat works prefect.

The driver's seat only works if I hit the back button. If I choose the button for bottom and top,  nothing works-but the light will not go out.

Where are the relays located for the seats?  I hear it click when I hit the button to use the back heater.  When I choose both,  I don't hear any click at all.

What should I do?  :E:

It is likely one of the seat heater elements in the driver's seat is bad.

Bad elements can make the system act pretty goofy.

Check out this video from The Seat Shop for some troubleshooting tips.

The first time my seat heaters went bonkers, the heater element in the driver's seat back was bad.

I replaced both element pads because I had both new pads on hand at the time.

The following year, the new heater element in the driver's seat bottom went bad.

So far this year, so good.

If the back button stays on, change the bottom element first as it is most likely the problem (but not guaranteed, as these systems act quirky when something goes wrong)

That just happened to mine and I was able to pick up an element for 60 bucks on amazon.  This is the 3rd replacement element I've had to buy for the drivers seat in my 03.  I only use my seat heater in the winter time, but I always turn it on high so I'm sure that helps it on to failure...    I bought Dorman #641-105 for mine, but if you have an '09 it will probably need a different one.  They seem to last about 5 years in my truck before burning out.

Back