• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need advices

Maniac

:D
I have the possibikities to get a 96.333 miles lq4 engine from 2004 escalade, for 1600$ without manifold and accesories

Is a good deal?

Are you still in Europe and running LPG, if so it's probably a good price since there not that many over there.

I would still have it rebuilt with that many miles.

How much would they charge for shipping.  ?

They don t ship, i do take freight option, the site usa2ned is the best option at this time. You can see the price on faq page.
Very hard to find the right engine with the right price. Junkyard maybe?
Lq9 with hotcam exhaust etc... My little dream.

Well I would still add in the cost to rebuild it.

According with you MS03,

From yesterday i've a new deal, lq9 complete drop package for 2900$

http://www.lsx4u.com/

You know?

Now I have heard of Just Chevy Trucks their parent company, they have a great reputation.

the advise me to take the lq4 for making my 408 stroker, because the lq9 have flat top piston.

My principal doubt, concerning the intake manifold, if the stock intake is strong enough for the stroker? or need be swapped by a Ls model?

Concerning head, absolutely ported? or also swapped by other higher model? how to know if they fit with my block?

I know for the stock crankshaft is stronger enough to support 500hp-600hp

500hp is my goal

After that the tune, how it work, I send the ecm to an US expert like nelson, with all data concerning my new engine?

Do exist a site with all explications or a book to make my project? a step by step guide?

More and more question, but no folks in my country can help me

Maniac, are you going to be building the stroker or having someone else do it?

Regarding a book(s), I've got one or two that I referenced when rebuilding my vette's LS1 this summer.  I'm at work now - when home I can try to locate those and give you the title(s)/author(s).

The only time strength comes into play on the intake manifold is when doing super or turbo charging.  Your concern on the intake is how well it flows air at the power level you are targeting.  The stock truck intake is pretty good - better than the LS1 intake manifold.  LS6 is a bit better than that, the Trailblazer SS is the best stock intake.  Aftermarket-wise the FAST intakes as well as the new MSD intakes get good reviews.  I ran across some links to some comparison tests a couple of months back - I'll see if I can locate those.

As far as heads go, non-ported LS3 heads should get you where you want to go.  They require at least a 4.00 bore, which is right where the LQ4 is.

After that comes the cam.  Lots of possibilities there.

It shouldn't be very hard to get to 500 crank hp with a stroked LQ4.  I've got a rebuilt one that is rated at 460 hp, 470 ft-lb, unstroked, with a mild cam upgrade.  Stroking it with a bit more cam and it would easily be over 500 hp.

LQ4 vs LQ9, what's the difference if you're going to make it a stroker?  As you'll replace the crank/rods/Pistons anyway. Buy the cheapest block you can.

GM performance LS3 heads are a great economical option to make good power. Just have to change out the springs to something that will work with your cam.

The FAST LSX-RT is a good manifold choice to go with that.

Call or email Brian Tooley at briantooleyracing.com. He'll set you up with the correct camshaft for your goals.

Good luck with your project.

There is here: from a racing site respond me
LQ9 with a 4.000 stroke crank becomes a 402ci engine.

lM7 with a 4.000 stroke crank and a over bore of 3.905 becomes a 383ci engine

Is a big project lol

Enoniam when you find books r?f?rence you re welcome

C5pete tomorrow i will contact your site to get some info.

Here's a couple of books I've found helpful:

How to Build and Modify GM LS-Series Engines by Joseph Potak - works at Texas Speed and Performance

How to Rebuild GM LS-Series Engines by Chris Werner

Both can be found on Amazon.

You can't use the LS3 style heads on a 3.905 bore.

Get the 4.0 bore and go from there.

Best of success!

Yep, need to use the cathedral-shaped intake port heads if bore is less than 4.00.  LS3 heads are a very good stock performer.  Between use of them and more displacement to start with I'd be looking for 6.0 or larger block to start with.

Hello guys,

I have both books but the most difficult part is the fitment between with all parts aviable like head block etc

I guess if i start with my own lm7 to get a stroker is the most cheapest way than export a lq from USA to belgium
I m on relation with 2 american compagnies, they coach me how i do start, tomorrow i show you their email

Last information is need to storke the block is machining the bore

I was rereading through this thread and I see you mention that the stock crankshaft is good for your horsepower goal.

If you are doing a stroker that isn't relevant as you'll need to use a stroker crankshaft.

You know, that LQ9, for that price might be your best option. What comes with it?

No real need to stroke it out at all... That'll save you quite a bit of money.

That short block with an LS3 top end and the proper camshaft, will make well over 500 crank HP all day long.

What compression does LPG like?  I'm not familiar with it.

Manley supervise me and send me some email regarding to the 383 combination.

Boring Block to  3.905

According with you Enoniam concern the strock crank  :cool: 4.000 stroke crank. 190024 or 190058 (depending if you have a 24 or 58 tooth reluctor wheel)

6.125 Rod- 14051R-8

Pistons- 592207C-8 (3.905 bore)

Rings- 46107-8

Like C5Pete said, the lq9 seems the best option, and finally the easiest?
I'm afraid for the total cost :eek: with the lm7 boring etc...

In my humble opinion, in case you haven't already figured it out, :) , is a 6.0 block with the LS3 top end, will make more power and torque than a 383, even if you keep the stock 364ci configuration.  Put a 4" stroke in it and you'll have a real good setup.

Again, good luck with your project.

I'm back with new info from total engine airflow:

In that heavy of a vehicle I would suggest a cathedral port head. The 243 casting has the smaller chamber and may work better for you.

Back