• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

More airbag troubles

blazzinbird

So today I go and have the truck scanned. I am reading 3 codes.. I did just replace the front driver side impact sensor last weekend. The airbag light stand on so I had it rescanned today.

The 3'codes that came up were

B026
B044
B043

Any help I would appreciate it.

Air Bags code do not automatically clear, it will stay there for 255 ignition cycles before they drop.
You have to have them cleared.

I looked up B0026, B0043 and B0044.. They all appear to be steering wheel related.. Grounded module, open/short and/or high ohms reading..

http://www.engine-codes.com/qa/24786/codes-coming-are-b0024-b0026-open-loop-been-having-diesel-oil

Possible, no guaranties until you pull it apart...

I looked them up and this is what it found.

Attachments

• b0026.GIF
    b0026.GIF
    12.1 KB · Views: 52
You may have the stored code from before you replaced the front left sensor, get them cleared. They do not clear just because you replaced it, they will be there for 255 engine cycles.

The codes do not indicate a bad clock spring

The guy cleared, but those showed back up

I guess I'm going to trace the wires and make sure they are not broke. Also check the connections on the kick panel.

Components in the steering wheel... Coil, module, ground short... All the codes point there...

Did you go to the link? MS03 2500 provide more "B0026 Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Open", it all has to do with the drivers airbag..

Read the circuit descpription to understand it better.

Okay, after a little more research I found a tsb with those codes. Told me to check the ice panel and unplug and republican the connectors in there.

Back