• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

help with the rosen PR-GM1210-US install

awpratt79

Hey Guy's;

I'm in need of some information. I know I saw a number of you guy's that have installed the Rosen nav unit.
So I thought I would give it a shot. Looking at it everything is supposed to be plug and play and also retaining the factory functions. I pulled my factory radio( I do have the Bose system but no DVD ) and connected the Rosen unit which I checked with there fitment guide and the GM1210-US is the one I should have, connected it the way the guide shows and powered it up, the radio works and the gps came right up displaying my correct location but it will not let me select the Sirius/XM satellite radio tab. I have a subscription to xm anybody have any Ideas why this is not working right.

Thank You;
              Arnie Pratt
\

I think you need another module from Rosen for XM then transfer your service

I have this head unit.  It is currently in like a demo mode when you first put it in.  You need to use the code 1120 in the one menu to be able to turn on the sirius xm option.  Once you do this, it will work as it should.

ok thank you for that info. do you know what menu you accessed to do that. I found the installation instructions very vague on the whole installation of the unit and really didn't find any useful info. on Rosen's website but have gotten alot of useful info from fellow avalanche owners and other GM truck forums so thanks to all.

There is a function in settings (upper right hand corner says keypad).  That's where you put it in.  Then you can go through more settings and turn on siriusxm

Back