• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Air Line tore when removing from old shocks on 07 LTZ, now what?

laudicdj

Hey guys,

I'm in process of changing out my air shocks with rebuilt Arnotts and replacing my old burnt out compressor with the Dorman unit.  All bought from rockauto for good deal.  First off, my original compressor hasn't ran since February, so about 8 months now with no air suspension active. 

So today, When removing the air line from the left side shock I noticed the fitting on the shock had a lot of rust and the plastic fitting and line were basically welded to the shock.  I tried PB blaster oil and it still didn't free up.  I ended up tearing the line know that a new line came with my new Dorman compressor. 

I got to the left side and it was the same situation.  The line had to be torn off the shock with a pair of pliers.  The end of the air line is stuck in the old shock.  I can get a good fitting and section of line from the old compressor and splice with rubber hose and two hose clamps to the old line if I have to.  Has anyone found replacement air line? 

Thanks!

Just thought I'd let you guys know I was able to repair the right side tore line by removing the left side air line from the old compressor.  That side had torn at the shock too as it was rusted shut at the shock.  But the fitting at the T on the air compressor end of that line was good.  So I simply took a razor blade and made a clean cut at the torn ends and used a Parker Hannifin 62PLP-2 push to release type union fitting to join the two clean cut pieces together.  The union was purchased for under $5.  A new line at GM was close to $50 plus the labor I would have had to run it from the compressor to the right side shock.

Glad you got it figured out, I guess no one knew how to do it.

I've used the compression fittings too. Monroe makes a cheap kit:
MONROE AK29 Shock Absorber Air Hose Kit

I mention both styles here:
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=142537

Back