• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Temperature knob on climate control doesn't work.

02WhiteWhale

Hello everyone,
 This is my first post and what a great forum you have here, very extensive. I have an issue with my Girlfriends '04, it has the digital climate control hvac. When you spin the knob to adjust the temperature setting, the numbers sort of skip or jump around between the max cold 63? and about 74?.  Before I dig into this dash do you experts have any possible info or tips?
Also fwiw, I can hear a light clicking behind the bash near the passanger side which I assume is the blend door.
Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem.  Has anyone else had this?  WW, did you find a solution?

Mike

My guess is the unit it self.
I would remove and check wiring behind and circuit board for broken solder joints.

Mike, I have not had a chance to investigate further. It is getting very cold now in NJ so I will have to solve this. It almost acts like when the tracks the old school rheostat knobs would get dirty.
The truck has developed two new problems since then however.
1. Sometimes the window gets stuck down, if I wack the door it'll go back up.
2. Sometimes the radio won't turn off when the truck is shut down and the door is opened.

Ygmn- Are the solder joints failing a common occurrence on this vehicle? I come from the bmw world and am familiar with having to  reflow solder/flux on ECUs.

Back