• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dash Cam Talk

V. Anthony

PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
What are you using as a dash cam? I use the Blackvue 650 in my car. I am looking for a good quality one for my AV.

There is an excellent review of them (and the issues involved in choosing) here: http://tinyurl.com/pzzaj2d
I use the G1W- around $50, works a treat, simple install and use, amazing video quality. Video quality actually is superior to the high-dollar "professional" units we have used. (No affiliation)!

I have 2 of the G1W's. One of them works still, the other stopped working after 3 weeks. They are good when they work, but not too dependable. They are cheap to buy, about 30 dollars now, but are cheaply built also. I am looking at a couple other models and was wondering what others were using.

As noted in the article I referenced, there are a lot of counterfeit G1Ws being sold on eBay, Amazon, etc. They are junk, but labeled as G1W. The two I have I bought from a reputable supplier and have a year warranty....

Back