• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need new shocks? Get them now & save big!

dlwyton

My dad just gifted me his 2002 Avy. I know, awesome, right? :)

Shocks are just one of the things on it that are original and need to be replaced.  I'm an avid couponer, and figured out a way to get the same kind of savings on car parts.  Advance Auto Parts is having a sale now through September 26th where you can get up to 15% off and earn up to $20 in Speed Perks for every $100 order.  Here's what you do to maximize your savings:

1. Sign up for an account through them and sign up for their Speed Perks reward program.

2. Place your first order for the front shocks and add an extra $5 item to your order.

3. Enter code K51 to get 15% off of your order.  NOTE: Make sure that your total before tax is at least $100 so that you earn $20 in Speed Perks!

4. Follow steps 2 & 3 for your back shocks.

5. You'll earn two $20 Speed Perks within a week that you can use off of any $40 or more order.

6. Go to http://tenneco.rewardpromo.com/#/99509/method to get a separate rebate on Monroe, Walker, Rancho or Dyno max shocks.

I ordered the Monroe Reflexes after reading here about how many of you liked them.  They run $57.99 each on Advance Auto Parts.  After getting the 15% discount on them, they were $49.29 each.  I'll get a rebate of $49.29 from Tenneco, and have $40 in Speed Perks to spend at Advance!  ;D

Let us know how you like the Reflexes.  At 95,000, I'm leaning towards the Billstein HD's, but the Monroe's would be cheaper.  Too bad there's no way to try them out, before buying.

Nick

Will do, after I get a chance to drive it and see what I think.  A lot of other members said that they liked them a lot, so I out my faith in them and went with the Monroes since we have so much else to replace on our new Avy too.  Pretty much everything is still original on it, and needs to be replaced.  But still, to be able to say that on a truck with 102K miles on it is pretty awesome.

Well, we're back from our beach vacation, so I wanted to come back and let you know what I thought about the Reflexes, Nick.  We drove the Avy down to Panama City Beach and back, and thought that the new shocks were great.  Not too stiff and not too soft.  They were just right as far as we were concerned.  (y)

Nice job on saving money! Just wish it was that easy for mine haha. Currently I am waiting for my new tires to come in. Then I will be getting new shocks all the way around to basically delete the rough country spacers for the front strut and rear shock extension. I will be replacing them with a set of 7" lift shocks on the rear along with a 1.5" coil spacer I have to reach a higher lift than I have now for the rear. And then I will also be replacing the front with a 7-9" adjustable lift shock to eliminate the strut spacer and add both a better ride and remove the bad looks of the spacer. Both will be from McGaughy's and I will be looking at around $400 for the shocks. Then I will probably add a set of tubular upper control arms to allow better travel and a new ball joint as well as allowing me to have the ability to add a small lower strut spacer down the road to fit even bigger tires.

Got any coupons for McGaughys? hahaha

Great to know you're happy with the Reflexes.  Life can be such a crap shoot.

Think I'm leaning towards the Bilsteins.  A Bilstein application engineer believes we would be happier with their HD (4600 series).  Others on the site swear by another model.

This weekend, we're going to spin our executive decision maker to make the decision.

It's only money, right?

Nick 

Back