• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2013 LTZ - ipod menu no longer displays

naylor99

Charter Member
PM 2013
PM 2012
This is weird. The USB interface in my AV would not support older iPods, so I bought a Nano just for the AV when I got it. Been using it for 3 years, no problem. You can get an onscreen menu of sorts that allowed you to choose songs, etc. Suddenly, that menu no longer shows up. I updated my Nano and reloaded it, and now it is not recognized as valid media. But it plays fine using headphones. I used a USB stick that had songs on it, and it plays them in order, but you have no control. So the USB port seems to work OK...

I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, hoping that some reset would magically occur, but no joy. Any ideas?

I don't use this option very often. I have had issues with the Lightening Cables. The Apple version OEM has a tendency to split where it plugs into the iPad. The cheaper Fry's cables work for a few months and then I'll get a message on the iPads saying I'm using a non authorized cable and they will not charge.

Try using an Apple OEM cable and see if your problem changes.

Back