• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Passenger door lock, window won't work

lminor204

SM 2010
My 2003 Z71 passenger door electronics have completely stopped working. I can't lock or unlock the door or roll down the window even from the drivers side, the interior lights are also not working when you open any door, and my remote has stopped working even with a new battery. Can this all be related or is it just individual problems, does anyone have a clue? My main concern at this point is the door any ideas?

Does anyone have a diagram or the passenger door showing the components?

It sure is the receiver for the remote is in the passenger door.

Pull off the door panel disconnect the plug and test for 12 volt power on the big orange wire.

If you have power there replace the switch.

And be aware that the switch is a computer module. It has a program in it that MAY need to be reprogrammed at the dealer. The Keyless entry and Tire Pressure Monitoring System receivers are in the passenger side front module as well. Also handles the mirror controls so you need to either get a new one programmed to your truck or try to find one that came out of a truck with the same options as yours.

I don't believe TPMS came in '03 even though there is a light in the cluster for it but someone else on here replaced their module and started getting warnings about their TPMS system not working properly when they got a newer module from a junk yard and their truck did not come with TPMS... Reprogramming the module took care of it if I am not mistaken. (Makes me wonder if you can just install the software into the related modules, pickup some sensors and have TPMS in your truck if  it didn't come with it. But I don't know.)

Do as already mentioned. Just adding to the information already given.

Rodney

Not sure what you mean...

There are no "components" other than the window motor, the lock assemby, switches, speaker and mirror.

You can find a wire harness diagram for the door switch but there are no user serviceable parts in it.

Does the switch light up when you turn on your lights? The window switches should light up with the dash lights.

Rodney

Back