• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tune up- spark plugs

Most folks use AC Delco.

AC Delco is the only one that matters. Nothing else will make a STOCK engine run better. For performance you COULD "upgrade" to the old style copper plugs. They perform better but only last about 20-25,000 miles where as platinums last ATLEAST 3x longer. (I would change them at 75k because by then the degration can be measured but they CAN last up to 100,000 miles before it negatively affects the running to a point you notice it.)

They moved to Platnum plugs SOLELY for durabilty. Bosch Platnums are the only other brand I have heard of plug that doesn't have issues or performs about the same as factory.

Note if you have a built up engine, NO2, Forced induction or an aftermarket engine control system the story MAY be different. Otherwise the stock plugs really are the best replacement all things considered.

Thank you very much for your input. I'm running a stock engine so I will go with the AC plugs

Back