• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 chevy avalanche wrecked

buenf

Hi Guys just wanted to ask a question my 03 avalanche was wrecked by my neighbor. Should I repair by my self or take it to a shop? It looks pretty simple. Maybe front pumper and driver side fender. Here is a pic

Attachments

• 11844239_1617132841888608_563166030_n.jpg
    11844239_1617132841888608_563166030_n.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 197
The questions I would ask is "Do you have any auto repair experience?" and "does your neighbor have insurance?".

You may find that there is hidden damage once you remove the sheet metal and you need experience and tools to check things like alignment and frame/driveline damage.
You also may find it's expensive and hard to replace parts from a 2003 such as the lower cladding. You could also have problems getting paint to match and could lead to a total repaint.
Just my .02 but I would let his insurance pay for repairs. If having trouble you may get your insurance to pay for repairs and fight for you to get your neighbor to pay. I know you want to be a nice neighbor but you should not pay for his accident with your AV.

I agree let the insurance deal with it, they don't make the body parts any longer for the cladded AV. You maybe a little surprised at the quote you get  from a body shop.

ok  well his insurance say they would pay but adjuster gave me a 2100 dollar quote but i have some experience in body like replace parts on the body,hood and bumpers But it looks like the fender and maybe the bumper cover ???

I would still take it to a body shop to get a estimate and check for hidden damage.

Does  anybody know where i can get a cheap new or used fender @ a good price

Maybe  www.car-parts.com

ok let me check thanks  if anybody else please let me know or if u know somebody selling left side fender with cladding

Back