• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

loose wire on my 05 5.3

stan2

I just purchased a 2005 1500 5.3 and was checking some things out on the engine and I found this loose wire. Where does it attach? I have a picture but cannot figure out how to post it??

Have to make a few more posts before you can post a picture. Keeps the spammers from posting unnecessary and unwanted pictures.
Tell us something about yourself and or more about you Av

Or you could load it up to photobucket and post a link here, but if it's on the firewall and looks like a ground cable it probably attaches to the hood.

Live in West Michigan and needed a new / used vehicle to replace my 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee that got totaled last winter. Looked at another Grand Cherokee but wifey is into horses so we got to thinking that we would like something more versatile like a pick up. Then I saw an Avalanche on Craig's list and had never considered it. Found one at a dealer, drove it, liked it and purchased it a few weeks ago 2005 with 105,000 miles on it. So far we love it.

Already put it to use hauling 25 bails of hay. I finally had a chance to check out the mechanics yesterday to see what was needed but everything looked good under the hood except for that grounding wire. I will check the hood to see if there is an attachment point. I also crawled under the AV and inspected the frame and drive train. These things are built like a tank! No wonder they are so heavy! I do need shocks but that will have to wait until next weekend.

Great forum and tons of information on this site.

Ahh ok.. Takes me 10 minutes to get to Grand Haven's draw bridge.

Where is the wire located?  Near firewall on passenger side? By the AC accumulator?

Rodney

I think I found it. It is on the drivers side attached the the fire wall. There is also a threaded post on the hood just above it so I am guessing that it is a grounding wire and needs to be reattached to the post on the hood.  Thanks for everyones help!

Back