• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bluetooth question

Piranha-z

Just got my 2010 Avy (sold my 04) and I have connected my phone via Bluetooth. My question is this, is the Bluetooth for phone calls only? Is there any way to stream music from my phone via BT or do I have to use the MP3 cable? I just can't seem to find an option to do it.

Sorry if this has been answered. I did a quick search on Bluetooth but there were tons of pages and nothing stood out to me.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the owners manual?

If not do a search for it and you can find one you can download. It should tell you what you can and can't do there.

I have used vehicles that allow you to do that but it shows up as a source on the radio when connected.

Also,  And if this doesn't apply to GM please correct me, but:  Next time you are at a dealer have them check to see if all firmware updates and flashes have been done.

I come from a string of Chryslers and this is more common there; the newer the vehicle is the more these updates incorporate changes like your BT.  Joys of the computer age.

redheadedrod said:
Do you have the owners manual?

If not do a search for it and you can find one you can download. It should tell you what you can and can't do there.

I have used vehicles that allow you to do that but it shows up as a source on the radio when connected.

I looked the manual over and I didn't see this specifically, but thought I might be missing the obvious. That's why I asked here  >:D

No the Bluetooth is part of the OnStar in the 2010s and won't stream music.

I'm guessing you don't have the supplemental Nav manual. it should help you.

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2010_chevrolet_suburban3-4ton_nav_owners.pdf

MS03 2500 said:
No the Bluetooth is part of the OnStar in the 2010s and wrong stream music.

I'm guessing you don't have the supplemental Nav manual. it should help you.

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals_and_Videos/02_pdf/2010_chevrolet_suburban3-4ton_nav_owners.pdf

No I didn't have that!!! Thanks! That will be a big help  (y)

Back