• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

stability and traction control issue

nastye39

Hello everyone,  I been having alot of issue with my 2007 avalanche, right now the traction control light come on in the dash when i am at a light and I hear the chime. When i drive off the truck shifts from first to second hard then the light comes off and the truck shifts fine. If I am at the light and the light does not come on it shifts fine. I was told there is a bad valve in my air ride which is causing this to happen.  My air ride has not worked in almost a year. Can someone please help figure out what valve or sensor that could be causing this nightmare.

I've experienced these same symptoms twice with my truck.  Both times is was the result of another problem that caused the chiming, hard 1-2 shift, traction control off, stability control off.

The last time it was an oil fouled plug that caused a misfire. p0305 (?5?).

The prior time I'm convinced it was a bad/overheating front hub reeking havoc with the abs sensor.

If I were you, I would check codes and go from there.  But don't get hung up on the hard shift and traction off as these will go away once you address the actual problem.

HTHs

The codes are reading bad valves and ground in my air ride, so I have no idea what to check in the suspension. I was told the air lines should all go to that valve. I looked online for a diagram but found nothing

What was the actual code so I can look it up for you.

Back