• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NC GTG anyone??

Hug_R_Av

PM 2017
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2004
It's been a long time I know. Over 15 months since I've had one.
But September is coming up and that's normally a good time to hold a GTG in NC.
So what do you think??
I know there's Labor Day but most people always head out of town since that's the last hurrah before school kicks in.

Humm do they have any golf courses in NC >:D

But it's a bad time for me, I'll be in California in September

Sounds like a great idea!

Weekends of Sept 5th and 12th and maybe 19th are open for us.  Auto Fair is weekend of 26th so that's out.

They are sleeping where I am supposed to be.
Plenty of time to get things moving.
Will talk to several this weekend at the National

Hugz said:
They are sleeping where I am supposed to be.
Plenty of time to get things moving.
Will talk to several this weekend at the National

Cool... I hate that I'm missing Nationals but between my son and his wife passing through Wed/Thu, and friends from CT coming in Fri night... Not to mention $$$ .... I just can't this year. 

Where in NC? We'll be in Crossville, Tennessee the weekends of the 12th and 19th. If its not too far we may be up for a ride.

hmmm if I'm in the country I could make it over perhaps depends on when

I might can see about putting something together but its going to be into October. This is my daughter's last year in marching band and between the competitions and football games my weekends are pretty booked until then.
But I'm all for charring some cow and flinging lead.  :thumbsup

Dueck said:
Where in NC? We'll be in Crossville, Tennessee the weekends of the 12th and 19th. If its not too far we may be up for a ride.
it would be close to exit 180 off of I40.
But I think that's a good distance from Crossville.

BooomerX said:
Hugz I'm about 150 miles west of you. That's not too bad for me.
Nope. Maybe if we do my house in early September then jmuller's in October would be one way of getting NC going again.

Toying with the idea of setting up us a Carolina Avalanche Facebook group to see of it will help get things rolling again. Thinking about Carolina Avalanche Owners Group = CAOG. What do you think?

From my perspective I just use the sites.
As Im one of a few out there that has avoided have using Facebook.

BooomerX said:
Toying with the idea of setting up us a Carolina Avalanche Facebook group to see of it will help get things rolling again. Thinking about Carolina Avalanche Owners Group = CAOG. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea.  I use the sites as well as Facebook, and there are several Av groups on Facebook.  I've seen posts on them that indicate they prefer FB to the sites.  As long as both are always updated it could work.  It might be a good way to jump start NC again, as will doing a GTG at Hugz in Sept and Jim's in Oct.  Heck we may even get moosc to join us for one!

Let's just say plans are in the works for a busy 4th quarter.

I'm good weekends of Oct 17-18 and 24-25.
in Nov 14-15 and 21-22 possibly 27,28-29. I won't know about the last dates until I get the High School soccer schedule 2nd week in August.

Humm after September (y)

Yes that would be fun!!! Labor day works for us or the following weekend as well. The last weekend we will be at the beach. Really would like to see yell again. That only 7hrs for us. Keep us updated.

Hey!!
I wonder why I am just seeing this.
I am up for a GTG...just as some of you know, I have to play Army one weekend per month, so just let me know what you all come up with and I will see if I can make it!

Free weekends in Sept are in Reply #2 above.  Still open.  In Oct, only weekend that's out is the 17/18th, that's our anniversary and we'll be at the beach. 

Great to see so much interest!!  Will be great to see everyone!

Back